Taylor Swift Reveals First Single 'Shake It Off' for '1989' Album [VIDEO]
By Diadem Pambid | August 19, 2014 11:20 AM EST
Taylor Swift has finally revealed the first single for her upcoming album. Jumping from country to pop, the country crooner's latest hit is certainly one to "Shake It Off."
During her live stream on Yahoo, the "Red" songstress debuted her first single from her fifth studio album. Along with the new single, Taylor also released the official music video for "Shake It Off." The 24-year old not only showed off her adorable acting chops but her dance moves as well.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014.
The official music video also features a number of Swift's lucky fans chosen from Twitter to Instagram. Directed by Mark Romanek, the video shows Swift thrown into a group of professional dancers to the hip hop scene. Check out the official music video below.
In addition to her latest single, Swift also revealed exclusive details about her album entitled "1989." The album is her "first documented, official pop album" inspired by listening to songs from the late-'80s.
"I really loved the chances they were taking. I loved how bold it was. It was, apparently, a time of limitless potential. ... The idea of endless possibility was kind of a theme in the last year of my life," stated Swift.
The cover for the "1989" album is a Polaroid photo which has "T.S. 1989" written beneath. Fans are in for a treat because each album offers 13 photos each which vary from one album to the next. Swift also added that there would be secret messages along the album's liner copy.
While the release date for "1989" is set for Oct. 27, "Swifties" can already pre-order on her website. There's also the 1989 Swiftstakes to look forward to where Taylor is set to give out 1,000 tickets and 500 meet and greets for her upcoming tour. In total, Swift is giving away 1,989 prizes.
Taylor Swift's "1989" album is certainly one to look forward to. With her latest single garnering a number of views and positive critique, it'll only be a matter of time before Swift releases another hit single from her fifth studio album. Dance it out to "Shake It Off" below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage