Taylor Swift Reveals First Single 'Shake It Off' for '1989' Album [VIDEO]
By Diadem Pambid | August 19, 2014 11:20 AM EST
Taylor Swift has finally revealed the first single for her upcoming album. Jumping from country to pop, the country crooner's latest hit is certainly one to "Shake It Off."
During her live stream on Yahoo, the "Red" songstress debuted her first single from her fifth studio album. Along with the new single, Taylor also released the official music video for "Shake It Off." The 24-year old not only showed off her adorable acting chops but her dance moves as well.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014.
The official music video also features a number of Swift's lucky fans chosen from Twitter to Instagram. Directed by Mark Romanek, the video shows Swift thrown into a group of professional dancers to the hip hop scene. Check out the official music video below.
In addition to her latest single, Swift also revealed exclusive details about her album entitled "1989." The album is her "first documented, official pop album" inspired by listening to songs from the late-'80s.
"I really loved the chances they were taking. I loved how bold it was. It was, apparently, a time of limitless potential. ... The idea of endless possibility was kind of a theme in the last year of my life," stated Swift.
The cover for the "1989" album is a Polaroid photo which has "T.S. 1989" written beneath. Fans are in for a treat because each album offers 13 photos each which vary from one album to the next. Swift also added that there would be secret messages along the album's liner copy.
While the release date for "1989" is set for Oct. 27, "Swifties" can already pre-order on her website. There's also the 1989 Swiftstakes to look forward to where Taylor is set to give out 1,000 tickets and 500 meet and greets for her upcoming tour. In total, Swift is giving away 1,989 prizes.
Taylor Swift's "1989" album is certainly one to look forward to. With her latest single garnering a number of views and positive critique, it'll only be a matter of time before Swift releases another hit single from her fifth studio album. Dance it out to "Shake It Off" below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?