Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. BlackBerry Z30 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 19, 2014 11:11 AM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 was released in April 2014 and the BlackBerry Z30 was released in Oct 2013. Here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers choose a more appropriate device.
A sales assistant checks Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S5 smartphones at a shop in Seoul July 29, 2014. South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Thursday reported a 24.6 percent fall in second-quarter operating profit, in line with guidance, due to disappointing returns from its smartphone business. Picture taken July 29, 2014. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The BlackBerry Z30 comes with a 5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Galaxy S5 is the clear winner in this category with 432 ppi pixels display density compared to the 294 ppi pixels display density on the BlackBerry Z30.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 measures 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm and weighs 145 grams. The BlackBerry Z30 is similarly designed but is slightly heavier. The device measures 140.7 x 72 x 9.4 mm and weighs 170 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The BlackBerry Z30 is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960T Pro Snapdragon chipset. It comes with16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the BlackBerry Z30 runs on the BlackBerry 10.2 operating system. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Galaxy S5 is again a clear winner.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The BlackBerry Z30 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours. The BlackBerry Z30 comes with a Li-Ion 2880 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 18 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $649.95 and the BlackBerry Z30 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $459.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports