Demi Lovato Talks About Friendship With Selena Gomez: 'People change and people grow apart'
By Diadem Pambid | August 19, 2014 11:05 AM EST
Demi Lovato caused quite an uproar on the social media platform, Twitter, when she publicly un-followed BFF, Selena Gomez. The reasons of the un-follow are still blurry but Demi has finally spoken up about it.
Singer Demi Lovato serves as grand marshal during the 44th annual Los Angeles Pride parade in West Hollywood, California June 8, 2014.
In an interview on "Watch What Happens Live," the "Really Don't Care" singer reveals why she cut off her Twitter connection with Disney BFF, Selena Gomez. Contrary to early reports that claimed Lovato had "grown tired" of the drama between Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez, for Demi the only reason was because "people change and people grow apart."
"I plead the sixth if that's in the game. I think its just one of those things where people change and people grow apart," revealed the songstress to host Andy Cohen.
However, this statement is contradictory to her interview with Ryan Seacrest six months prior.
"We're really, really close. And any advice I had for her, we talked last night and it's between us. But I love her so much," stated Demi Lovato. In Demi's statement, "last night" referred to her dinner date with Gomez after Bieber's arrest for DUI in Miami.
Aside from talking about her friendship with Gomez on the show, Andy Cohen also asked Demi to play the "Shag, Marry, Kill" game with the likes of Justin Bieber, Simon Cowell and Joe Jonas. Demi's answer was albeit surprising.
"I'd kill Bieber. I'd kill Simon. F--k, I'd kill Joe, too! No, Joe and I are good friends, so I wouldn't kill him. I'd keep him around," answered Lovato.
As for Selena Gomez, the "Come & Get It" singer has yet to react about Demi's un-follow on Twitter. The songstress is once again caught in a complicated relationship with Justin Bieber. Following reports that the "Jelena" couple is officially over, Justin Bieber surprised his fans with an Instagram photo of him and Selena. It has since then been deleted. This has prompted fans to question what the real deal is between Gomez and Bieber.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO