Demi Lovato Talks About Friendship With Selena Gomez: 'People change and people grow apart'
By Diadem Pambid | August 19, 2014 11:05 AM EST
Demi Lovato caused quite an uproar on the social media platform, Twitter, when she publicly un-followed BFF, Selena Gomez. The reasons of the un-follow are still blurry but Demi has finally spoken up about it.
Singer Demi Lovato serves as grand marshal during the 44th annual Los Angeles Pride parade in West Hollywood, California June 8, 2014.
In an interview on "Watch What Happens Live," the "Really Don't Care" singer reveals why she cut off her Twitter connection with Disney BFF, Selena Gomez. Contrary to early reports that claimed Lovato had "grown tired" of the drama between Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez, for Demi the only reason was because "people change and people grow apart."
"I plead the sixth if that's in the game. I think its just one of those things where people change and people grow apart," revealed the songstress to host Andy Cohen.
However, this statement is contradictory to her interview with Ryan Seacrest six months prior.
"We're really, really close. And any advice I had for her, we talked last night and it's between us. But I love her so much," stated Demi Lovato. In Demi's statement, "last night" referred to her dinner date with Gomez after Bieber's arrest for DUI in Miami.
Aside from talking about her friendship with Gomez on the show, Andy Cohen also asked Demi to play the "Shag, Marry, Kill" game with the likes of Justin Bieber, Simon Cowell and Joe Jonas. Demi's answer was albeit surprising.
"I'd kill Bieber. I'd kill Simon. F--k, I'd kill Joe, too! No, Joe and I are good friends, so I wouldn't kill him. I'd keep him around," answered Lovato.
As for Selena Gomez, the "Come & Get It" singer has yet to react about Demi's un-follow on Twitter. The songstress is once again caught in a complicated relationship with Justin Bieber. Following reports that the "Jelena" couple is officially over, Justin Bieber surprised his fans with an Instagram photo of him and Selena. It has since then been deleted. This has prompted fans to question what the real deal is between Gomez and Bieber.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues