Demi Lovato Talks About Friendship With Selena Gomez: 'People change and people grow apart'
By Diadem Pambid | August 19, 2014 11:05 AM EST
Demi Lovato caused quite an uproar on the social media platform, Twitter, when she publicly un-followed BFF, Selena Gomez. The reasons of the un-follow are still blurry but Demi has finally spoken up about it.
Singer Demi Lovato serves as grand marshal during the 44th annual Los Angeles Pride parade in West Hollywood, California June 8, 2014.
In an interview on "Watch What Happens Live," the "Really Don't Care" singer reveals why she cut off her Twitter connection with Disney BFF, Selena Gomez. Contrary to early reports that claimed Lovato had "grown tired" of the drama between Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez, for Demi the only reason was because "people change and people grow apart."
"I plead the sixth if that's in the game. I think its just one of those things where people change and people grow apart," revealed the songstress to host Andy Cohen.
However, this statement is contradictory to her interview with Ryan Seacrest six months prior.
"We're really, really close. And any advice I had for her, we talked last night and it's between us. But I love her so much," stated Demi Lovato. In Demi's statement, "last night" referred to her dinner date with Gomez after Bieber's arrest for DUI in Miami.
Aside from talking about her friendship with Gomez on the show, Andy Cohen also asked Demi to play the "Shag, Marry, Kill" game with the likes of Justin Bieber, Simon Cowell and Joe Jonas. Demi's answer was albeit surprising.
"I'd kill Bieber. I'd kill Simon. F--k, I'd kill Joe, too! No, Joe and I are good friends, so I wouldn't kill him. I'd keep him around," answered Lovato.
As for Selena Gomez, the "Come & Get It" singer has yet to react about Demi's un-follow on Twitter. The songstress is once again caught in a complicated relationship with Justin Bieber. Following reports that the "Jelena" couple is officially over, Justin Bieber surprised his fans with an Instagram photo of him and Selena. It has since then been deleted. This has prompted fans to question what the real deal is between Gomez and Bieber.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS