'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21: Kelly Cutrone Hates Contestants Trying To Be Buddies
By Annie Dee | August 19, 2014 10:01 AM EST
"America's Next Top Model" Cycle 21 kicks off Monday, August 18 and fans will be treated to sights of gorgeous people striving to turn their looks into extraordinary careers once again. Of course, viewers can also expect a lot of drama, especially since this is the second cycle to feature both men and women, vying for the same title. Kelly Cutrone gives her two cents on what it takes to win it all, the money, the title, and even the viewers' hearts.
Model and talk show host Tyra Banks arrives at the BET Awards '09 in Los Angeles June 28, 2009.
One of the most recognisable fashion publicists, Kelly Cutrone, who will be part of the panel to transform a modelling dream of one girl into reality, talks about the hard work that goes with the career and what it takes to be a top model.
"There is a lot that goes into modeling that people don't really realize," Cutrone shared to Zap2It. "A lot of times people think, 'pretty, skinny, tall' or 'hot and gorgeous.' There are absolutely breathtaking people who shoot horribly, and people you wouldn't look at twice without hair and makeup and they are unstoppable."
For the said cutthroat competition, Cutrone shares she is irked by the fact that the contestants are trying to be friends with each other. The fact that there are men and women contestants make it even more complicated, with some girls crushing on their male counterparts and vice versa.
"Holding hands? These are your competitors. One of the guys in the house helps style one of the other guys. Why are you helping him? You should let him have his bad taste," Cutrone exclaimed.
Cutrone has never been known to mince words. She's as direct as she could be every time her opinion is sought, so she does make a good judge for the popular model search reality show. She knows how being a judge would mean she could crush some girls' dreams but she is not sorry for it.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports that while on a publicity tour for the 21st season of America's Next Top Model. Cutrone shares that the fashion industry is one of the fastest-moving industry and if some model aspirants would need a "a lot of dialogue and a lot of cheerleading," they're better off in other industries.
Tyra Banks returns to host. J. Alexander, "Miss J.," returns to join Kelly Cutrone and the viewers to make up the judges for this cycle of ANTM. The international destination for this cycle of ANTM is South Korea.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims