‘The X Factor Australia’ Sends Home Younger Than Yesterday on 2nd Elimination Night [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | August 19, 2014 9:39 AM EST
“The X Factor Australia” 2nd elimination night claimed another casualty. Also, girl group G.R.L., UK “X Factor” season 9 finalist Ella Henderson and Hanson took the stage on Monday night.
The show started with the Top 12 performing with the sibling band Hanson, singing “Get the Girl Back” and the band’s classic “Mmmbop.”
Hanson has just wrapped up their sold-out concert tour in Australia and New Zealand.
Next was Ella, who finished sixth place in “The X Factor” UK version in 2012. Singing her debut single “Ghost,” the 18-year-old British songstress revealed that it was her first time in Australia. And what a reception she got! The audience was roaring with her.
When the safe contestants were announced, Dannii Minogue was left with two acts in the bottom two, Younger Than Yesterday and XOX.
“It’s not a good Monday,” Dannii told host Luke Jacobz after learning the fate of her two groups, which were both just formed in the boot camp.
Her fellow judges – Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Ronan Keating and Redfoo – have all their acts safe for the week.
Like Ella, it was G.R.L.’s first visit to Australia. The quintet sang their ARIA Platinum single “Ugly Heart” on stage.
After the musical guests’ performance, XOX took the stage to sing for their life. The girls, in full pink outfit, sang Jessie J’s “Nobody’s Perfect.” As Dannii remarked, it was such an emotional performance from the group.
Younger Than Yesterday then pleaded for one more week by performing Imagine Dragons’ “On Top of the World.” Unlike XOX, the boys – Ellis Hall, Harry Targett and Joel Watson – delivered an upbeat number.
Foo was first to choose between the groups, and he picked Younger Than Yesterday to go home. Ronan acknowledged that XOX had a weak performance on Sunday night, which was so unlike their previous ones. And while YTY didn’t have as perfect vocals, the boys’ energy was fantastic. After a moment of hesitation, Ronan sent YTY home.
Natalie also critiqued TYT’s vocals, but echoed Ronan’s sentiments about their charisma and energy. She saved Dannii from having to choose between her own acts by sending YTY home.
With Younger Than Yesterday’s exit, Dannii is left with only two acts. Last week, her first group Trill was eliminated.
Hanson and the Top 12
Younger Than Yesterday
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate