Canadian Rapist, Convicted for Killing 2-Year-Old Girl, Murdered in Prison
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | August 19, 2014 8:47 AM EST
A Canadian criminal, convicted of raping and killing a two-year-old toddler, was murdered in prison.
Duane Edward Taylor, the 53-year-old Canadian rapist, was convicted 33 years ago after he had been held guilty for raping and killing little April Marie Morrison in Ontario. Nearly three decades after his crime, he was found dead in his cell. He was apparently killed in the Manitoba prison where he was held.
A man smokes marijuana outside Windsor City Hall during a gathering to welcome back marijuana advocate Marc Emery (not seen) who is released from an American prison for selling marijuana seeds in the U.S., in Windsor, Ontario August 12, 2014. Emery jailed for five years in a U.S. federal prison for shipping marijuana seeds across the border returned to his homeland on Tuesday, as laws regulating the drug in both countries have slowly been relaxed.
The staff members at the Stony Mountain Institution reportedly failed to save Taylor even though they performed CPR. Although it has not been disclosed how exactly Taylor met with his death, the incident is being considered as a homicide. The investigation process has already been started. Taylor had been serving this sentence for an unspecified period since September, 1982. He was charged for first degree murder.
According to CTV News sources, Taylor was stabbed to death. He was reportedly in the mental health section of the prison. The Security Intelligence team along with the RCMP started the investigation process. The circumstances of the murder are going to be reviewed by the coroner and police.
Taylor, before having been convicted of the rape and murder, was also convicted of an attempted rape of another little girl aged four. He later admitted that he had molested numerous kids at playgrounds. He also confessed that he had killed little Morrison only after 11 days of his release from jail for earlier offences.
Taylor gave a graphic detail of the crime he committed on August 21, 1981. He explained how he convinced Morrison to go for a walk only to take her to his bedroom. According to Taylor's confession, he tried killing the little girl "by punching her in the throat." When she survived his initial attack, Taylor "sat back down on her head." "I stayed on her for about 20 minutes, when I got up she was dead. That's it," he confessed.
No one has been arrested in connection with the homicide of Taylor so far.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- Robin Williams Confessed To Loving Billy Connolly Like A Brother In A Final Goodbye Call
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde Attends Father’s Funeral Without Handcuffs, Brother Thanks TPB Founder’s Supporters on Facebook
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed