Arsenal FC: 'We Are Desperate' - Arsene Wenger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 19, 2014 3:17 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits that the Gunners are desperate to overcome Turkish giants Besiktas as they aim to secure a spot in the group stages of the Champions League.
"We are desperate to do it because we want to play in the Champions League and we know how big these games are,"the Frenchman told Arsenal.com.
Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger reacts during their English Premier League soccer match against Crystal Palace at the Emirates stadium in London August 16, 2014.
The impact of an absence in Europe's top-tier insofar as finances and exposure does not need any more stressing, and Wenger further revealed that he is willing to do everything that he can selection-wise in order to qualify.
"We had to give a lot [against Crystal Palace], hopefully we will recover and be ready for Tuesday night," he added.
"We will assess Koscielny on Monday; if he's fit and capable to play, we play him. It was our plan to bring the Germans back in contention for Everton.
But in case of emergency I will take Mertesacker."
"But we have Bellerin, who was 19 today, who can come in. we are a bit short. I hope Koscielny responds well to today's game."
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast