Arsenal FC: 'We Are Desperate' - Arsene Wenger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 19, 2014 3:17 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits that the Gunners are desperate to overcome Turkish giants Besiktas as they aim to secure a spot in the group stages of the Champions League.
"We are desperate to do it because we want to play in the Champions League and we know how big these games are,"the Frenchman told Arsenal.com.
Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger reacts during their English Premier League soccer match against Crystal Palace at the Emirates stadium in London August 16, 2014.
The impact of an absence in Europe's top-tier insofar as finances and exposure does not need any more stressing, and Wenger further revealed that he is willing to do everything that he can selection-wise in order to qualify.
"We had to give a lot [against Crystal Palace], hopefully we will recover and be ready for Tuesday night," he added.
"We will assess Koscielny on Monday; if he's fit and capable to play, we play him. It was our plan to bring the Germans back in contention for Everton.
But in case of emergency I will take Mertesacker."
"But we have Bellerin, who was 19 today, who can come in. we are a bit short. I hope Koscielny responds well to today's game."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop