Premier League: 'Never Give Up' Mentality Won the Game for Arsenal, Says Wenger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 19, 2014 2:55 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger claims that his squad's never-give-up mentality won them the game against Crystal Palace during their opening match in the Premier League.
The Gunners came from behind to clinch a 2-1 victory after Eagles centre-back Brede Hangeland drew first-blood with a header from a Jason Puncheon cross on the 35th minute.
Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger reacts during their English Premier League soccer match against Crystal Palace at the Emirates stadium in London August 16, 2014.
The next two goals came from Laurent Koscielny and Aaron Ramsey during added time of each of the halves.
Koscielny guided the ball past Julian Speroni with his version of a header, while Ramsey calmly placed the ball at the back of the net from point-blank range after securing the rebound from a Mathieu Debuchy attempt.
"Technically the performance could have been better but the attitude and the not-give-up attitude was fantastic," Wenger told Arsenal.com.
"In the end it got us through."
The French mentor revealed that there is still much to be improved in spite of coming out with a fairly good showing, especially with his summer acquisitions.
"There was some misunderstanding in our passing but overall I felt at the back Debuchy and Chambers played very well, they were really controlled. [Alexis] had good spells but he has to improve the understanding with his partners. The three of them have been very satisfying."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia