Premier League: 'Never Give Up' Mentality Won the Game for Arsenal, Says Wenger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 19, 2014 2:55 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger claims that his squad's never-give-up mentality won them the game against Crystal Palace during their opening match in the Premier League.
The Gunners came from behind to clinch a 2-1 victory after Eagles centre-back Brede Hangeland drew first-blood with a header from a Jason Puncheon cross on the 35th minute.
Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger reacts during their English Premier League soccer match against Crystal Palace at the Emirates stadium in London August 16, 2014.
The next two goals came from Laurent Koscielny and Aaron Ramsey during added time of each of the halves.
Koscielny guided the ball past Julian Speroni with his version of a header, while Ramsey calmly placed the ball at the back of the net from point-blank range after securing the rebound from a Mathieu Debuchy attempt.
"Technically the performance could have been better but the attitude and the not-give-up attitude was fantastic," Wenger told Arsenal.com.
"In the end it got us through."
The French mentor revealed that there is still much to be improved in spite of coming out with a fairly good showing, especially with his summer acquisitions.
"There was some misunderstanding in our passing but overall I felt at the back Debuchy and Chambers played very well, they were really controlled. [Alexis] had good spells but he has to improve the understanding with his partners. The three of them have been very satisfying."
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate