Android iPhone 6 on Release Date Surfaces, Another Leak Shows Smuggled Device Bearing Killer Features
By Precious Silva | August 19, 2014 1:52 AM EST
Pegged as one of the most anticipated release of the year, iPhone 6 details remain hot.The market has been on the lookout for the next best details with mockups and other models springing up in light of the iPhone 6's release. The latest details point to an Android-based iPhone 6 model with new details from a smuggled unit. What has Apple in store?
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
There are many analysts who point out Apple's popularity and huge fan base that it may be able to sell anything with its logo on it. CNET's Chris Matyszczyk reports about an iPhone 6 experiment showing peoplke an Android-running flagship with 3D and 8-day battery life. TLD pranksters were able to get an iPhone 6 clone and tried testing if they can convince people it is the new iPhone.
The prank phone bears similar reported specs to the iPhone 6 with 4.7-inch screen. However, the device has low resolution and Android mobile operating system. To check out the video click here.
The Android and iOS competition has been growing stiffer with Android inching by iOS through a small fraction. NetApplications data showed Android usage to increase from 44.19% last June to 44.62% this July. Apple's usage went down from 45.61% in June to 44.19% this July.
A new leak reported by Daily Mail and TMZ shows the iPhone 6 handset 'smuggled' out of Foxconn's China factory. Staying true to previous reports, the device bears a TouchID-like feature. The leaked photo reportedly comes from a former employee of Foxconn. The person worked under the hardware department in charge of putting together the new model's outer casing.
Click here to see the leaked device.
The attention over the iPhone 6 has been considerable that it has also spawned $145 knock-offs in China. According to Venture Beat, Reddit user lawrence_uber_alles found iPhone clones in Shenzhen, China. The liePhone, as it has been dubbed, features 4.7-inch 960×540 display resolution with 2.4 MHz chipset, 12.6MP camera and 2GB RAM.
Analysts believe that Apple's iPhone 6 will be the game changer for Apple driving replacement cycle and challenging phablet competitors. It will be the company's new "wonder" product because of its attempt to explore the big-screen sector and other OS features like mobile payments - if Apple pushes through with the reported features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes