Gucci Launches Own Makeup Collection In Partnership With Makeup Artist Pat McGrath
By Janice Somosot | August 18, 2014 11:56 PM EST
Gucci has added a new feather to its massive fashion cap by launching its own makeup collection in partnership with renowned makeup artist Pat McGrath. Read on to learn more about this fashionable and beautiful team-up.
People walk at the exhibition stand of Gucci at Baselworld fair in Basel April 24, 2013. The world's leading watch and jewellery show Baselworld is to be held in Basel from April 25 to May 2, 2013.
According to Allure, Frida Giannini, Gucci's creative director paired up with McGrath for Gucci cosmetics. It combines glamour, fashion and beauty for women. Below is a list of 16 Gucci products from its new makeup line.
1. Gucci Eye Magnetic Color Shadow Mono In Iconic Ottanio - a teal eye shadow inspired by a fabric swatch sourced from the Gucci fashion archives. It has aqua flecks in it.
2. Gucci Eye Opulent Volume Mascara In Iconic Black - the wand has 204 tiny combs and 42 little paddles in its bristles to give voluminous lashes.
3. Gucci Eye Power Liquid Liner In Iconic Black - a glossy black eyeliner.
4. Gucci Eye Impact Longwear Pencil In Iconic Black - long lasting eye liner that gives bold, smoky eyes. Comes with a sponge on the other end.
5. Gucci Magnetic Color Shadow Duo In Sunset - a plum and peachy-copper eye-shadow duo.
6. Gucci Magnetic Color Shadow Quad In Cosmic Deco - with matte black, navy blue, golden olive and pearl shades in one compact. One of 10 eye shadow quads in the line.
7. Gucci Luxe Finishing Powder - a finely milled pressed powder.
8. Gucci Lustrous Glow Foundation - a silky base with 18 shades.
9. Gucci Luminous Perfecting Concealer - a silicon-based concealer perfect for brightening the under eye area.
10. Gucci Golden Glow Bronzer In Indian Sand - mixes flesh, brown and golden shades to give a beautiful and natural sun-kissed glow.
11. Gucci Sheer Blushing Powder In Soft Peach - a shade that looks good on all skin tones. One of eight powder blush shades in the makeup line.
12. Gucci Powder Brush - a soft, fluffy brush that can be used with a face powder or a bronzer.
13. Gucci Luxurious Moisture Rich Lipstick In Iconic Red - a classic red shade. Just one of the 25 other lipstick shades in the Gucci lipstick line.
14. Gucci Sleek Contouring Lip Pencil In Iconic Red - a matte and long lasting lip liner. One of eight shades of lip liner from its line.
15. Gucci Vibrant Demi Glaze Lip Lacquer In Iconic Red - a long lasting lip gloss that is not sticky or too shiny.
16. Gucci Audacious Color Intense Lipstick In Dark Romance - a dark, long lasting burgundy shade that can be used by those with either fair or dark skin.
Gucci's entire makeup line has the iconic and distinctive double G design which the fashion house is known for. This is called the Guccissima pattern. Click HERE to see photos of it. Click HERE to see three makeup looks using products from the new Gucci cosmetics line.
According to Gucci's official website, aside from its Gucci Eye, Gucci Face and Gucci Lip line, it also has the Gucci Nail and preparation products for the skin. Giannini said that she thinks beauty and fashion go hand in hand. She also mentioned makeup's importance during Gucci runway shows to create a complete look.
Keep reading International Business Times for more news about business, including fashion, beauty, technology and finance. Read up on other news at IBTimes such as health, sports, politics and science.
To contact the editor, e-mail: