Transfer News: Blow for Man Utd as Juventus Boss Rules Out Arturo Vidal Exit
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 18, 2014 10:47 PM EST
A defeat in their opening match reveals that Manchester United still needs to reinforce their squad with quality signings, and Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri did not help the Red Devils' cause by revealing that Arturo Vidal is not for sale.
Juventus' Arturo Vidal stretches during a training session ahead of their friendly soccer match against Singapore Selection at the Sports Hub in Singapore August 15, 2014. Juventus will play against a Singapore Selection side made up of Singapore's national soccer team players and foreign players who play in Singapore's S. League, on Saturday.
"I don't think he's on the market, if that's what you want to know," the 47-year-old mentor told Tuttosport.
"Great players are always talked about."
"Big clubs are only looking for great players, but Juventus are a great club. Obviously Bayern or United or Real Madrid can think about him as much as they want."
The 27-year-old Chilean international, who can operate as an attacker, playmaker, or even a holding midfielder, tallied 18 goals and 6 assists in all competitions for the Bianconeri during the 2013/14 season.
He will be able to give Louis van Gaal the needed boost in the middle of the park, as the Dutch manager is far from satisfied with his midfield options that could succesfully run the 3-5-2.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage