Transfer News: Blow for Man Utd as Juventus Boss Rules Out Arturo Vidal Exit
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 18, 2014 10:47 PM EST
A defeat in their opening match reveals that Manchester United still needs to reinforce their squad with quality signings, and Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri did not help the Red Devils' cause by revealing that Arturo Vidal is not for sale.
Juventus' Arturo Vidal stretches during a training session ahead of their friendly soccer match against Singapore Selection at the Sports Hub in Singapore August 15, 2014. Juventus will play against a Singapore Selection side made up of Singapore's national soccer team players and foreign players who play in Singapore's S. League, on Saturday.
"I don't think he's on the market, if that's what you want to know," the 47-year-old mentor told Tuttosport.
"Great players are always talked about."
"Big clubs are only looking for great players, but Juventus are a great club. Obviously Bayern or United or Real Madrid can think about him as much as they want."
The 27-year-old Chilean international, who can operate as an attacker, playmaker, or even a holding midfielder, tallied 18 goals and 6 assists in all competitions for the Bianconeri during the 2013/14 season.
He will be able to give Louis van Gaal the needed boost in the middle of the park, as the Dutch manager is far from satisfied with his midfield options that could succesfully run the 3-5-2.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS