Transfer News: Blow for Man Utd as Juventus Boss Rules Out Arturo Vidal Exit
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 18, 2014 10:47 PM EST
A defeat in their opening match reveals that Manchester United still needs to reinforce their squad with quality signings, and Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri did not help the Red Devils' cause by revealing that Arturo Vidal is not for sale.
Juventus' Arturo Vidal stretches during a training session ahead of their friendly soccer match against Singapore Selection at the Sports Hub in Singapore August 15, 2014. Juventus will play against a Singapore Selection side made up of Singapore's national soccer team players and foreign players who play in Singapore's S. League, on Saturday.
"I don't think he's on the market, if that's what you want to know," the 47-year-old mentor told Tuttosport.
"Great players are always talked about."
"Big clubs are only looking for great players, but Juventus are a great club. Obviously Bayern or United or Real Madrid can think about him as much as they want."
The 27-year-old Chilean international, who can operate as an attacker, playmaker, or even a holding midfielder, tallied 18 goals and 6 assists in all competitions for the Bianconeri during the 2013/14 season.
He will be able to give Louis van Gaal the needed boost in the middle of the park, as the Dutch manager is far from satisfied with his midfield options that could succesfully run the 3-5-2.
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around