Transfer News: Blow for Man Utd as Juventus Boss Rules Out Arturo Vidal Exit
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 18, 2014 10:47 PM EST
A defeat in their opening match reveals that Manchester United still needs to reinforce their squad with quality signings, and Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri did not help the Red Devils' cause by revealing that Arturo Vidal is not for sale.
Juventus' Arturo Vidal stretches during a training session ahead of their friendly soccer match against Singapore Selection at the Sports Hub in Singapore August 15, 2014. Juventus will play against a Singapore Selection side made up of Singapore's national soccer team players and foreign players who play in Singapore's S. League, on Saturday.
"I don't think he's on the market, if that's what you want to know," the 47-year-old mentor told Tuttosport.
"Great players are always talked about."
"Big clubs are only looking for great players, but Juventus are a great club. Obviously Bayern or United or Real Madrid can think about him as much as they want."
The 27-year-old Chilean international, who can operate as an attacker, playmaker, or even a holding midfielder, tallied 18 goals and 6 assists in all competitions for the Bianconeri during the 2013/14 season.
He will be able to give Louis van Gaal the needed boost in the middle of the park, as the Dutch manager is far from satisfied with his midfield options that could succesfully run the 3-5-2.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate