WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
By Lou Imperial | August 18, 2014 9:28 PM EST
The 2014 WWE Summerslam was nothing short of spectacular, as superstars Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Roman Reigns, Randy Orton and the rest of the WWE roster electrified the crowd with out of this world stunts and signature moves at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) wrestlers, twins Brie (L) and Nikki Bella pose at the 2014 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Sports awards in Los Angeles July 17, 2014.
The 27th edition of WWE's annual summer spectacle saw the change of the guards as all three defending champions lost their belts to their opponents on Sunday. No bigger champion to fall than John Cena, who was dominated by former WWE and UFC champion Brock Lesnar.
Lesnar, who was picked by WWE COO Triple H to test Cena a day after the Thug Leader won in a hard-fought fatal four-way match against Kane, Randy Orton and Roman Reigns at Battleground, controlled the match from the get-go as his sheer force was just too overpowering to contain.
Despite Cena's effort to grind out a win, Lesnar captured the victory after completing his second F5, his signature move, on the face of the franchise. With the win, Lesnar solidified his status as one of the great wrestlers in WWE history with his fourth reign as a champion.
Aside from Lesnar's triumph, the WWE Universe also has brand new Diva Champion and Intercontinental Champion. Dolph Ziggler has become a two-time Intercontinental champion after landing a Zig-Zag on Miz following his escape on the latter's finishing move.
In the second match of the evening, Ziggler's former flair, AJ Lee, saw her second reign as a champion came to an end after Paige won in a series of counters with her signature move RamPaige DDT. The result gave Paige her second WWE Divas championship just months after becoming the youngest ever women's champion at age 21.
Another interesting twist that took place in Sunday's wrestling spectacle was the heel turn of Nikki Bella, who attacked her twin sister Brie Bell in her match against WWE part owner Stephanie McMahon. Bray Wyatt also won his fifth match against Chris Jericho after connecting with two Sister Abegails.
Of course, The Shield's star Roman Reigns continued to show the world that he's ready for prime-time after defeating former WWE World Heavyweight champion Randy Orton in the longest match of the evening.
For more WWE update, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional