WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
By Lou Imperial | August 18, 2014 9:28 PM EST
The 2014 WWE Summerslam was nothing short of spectacular, as superstars Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Roman Reigns, Randy Orton and the rest of the WWE roster electrified the crowd with out of this world stunts and signature moves at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) wrestlers, twins Brie (L) and Nikki Bella pose at the 2014 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Sports awards in Los Angeles July 17, 2014.
The 27th edition of WWE's annual summer spectacle saw the change of the guards as all three defending champions lost their belts to their opponents on Sunday. No bigger champion to fall than John Cena, who was dominated by former WWE and UFC champion Brock Lesnar.
Lesnar, who was picked by WWE COO Triple H to test Cena a day after the Thug Leader won in a hard-fought fatal four-way match against Kane, Randy Orton and Roman Reigns at Battleground, controlled the match from the get-go as his sheer force was just too overpowering to contain.
Despite Cena's effort to grind out a win, Lesnar captured the victory after completing his second F5, his signature move, on the face of the franchise. With the win, Lesnar solidified his status as one of the great wrestlers in WWE history with his fourth reign as a champion.
Aside from Lesnar's triumph, the WWE Universe also has brand new Diva Champion and Intercontinental Champion. Dolph Ziggler has become a two-time Intercontinental champion after landing a Zig-Zag on Miz following his escape on the latter's finishing move.
In the second match of the evening, Ziggler's former flair, AJ Lee, saw her second reign as a champion came to an end after Paige won in a series of counters with her signature move RamPaige DDT. The result gave Paige her second WWE Divas championship just months after becoming the youngest ever women's champion at age 21.
Another interesting twist that took place in Sunday's wrestling spectacle was the heel turn of Nikki Bella, who attacked her twin sister Brie Bell in her match against WWE part owner Stephanie McMahon. Bray Wyatt also won his fifth match against Chris Jericho after connecting with two Sister Abegails.
Of course, The Shield's star Roman Reigns continued to show the world that he's ready for prime-time after defeating former WWE World Heavyweight champion Randy Orton in the longest match of the evening.
For more WWE update, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report