Transfer News: Liverpool to Consider Signing AS Monaco Striker Radamel Falcao
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 18, 2014 8:41 PM EST
Liverpool are reported to be interested in signing AS Monaco striker Radamel Falcao, as Brendan Rodgers is still looking to fill the void brought about by Luis Suarez's departure.
The Irish mentor would want to make another surprising run this season just as he did the last term, but realizes that it is imperative for him to add the final puzzle-piece to his squad.
Monaco's Radamel Falcao walks on the field before their French Ligue 1 soccer match against Lorient at Louis II stadium in Monaco August 10, 2014.
"I still think we need a striker so we'll search through until the end of the window for that," he said.
"I don't think anyone has given us hope of getting in the top four. We loved the challenge last season and that is what we look to recreate."
Meanwhile, it is believed that the Colombian international is not impressed with the Red-and-Whites' lack of quality signings this summer, while willingly giving out compatriot James Rodriguez to Spanish giants Real Madrid.
The 28-year-old isn't in tip-top shape yet after suffering from a knee injury that kept him on the sidelines for about seven months, but remains a legitimate target for top clubs around Europe.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch