Transfer News: Liverpool to Consider Signing AS Monaco Striker Radamel Falcao
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 18, 2014 8:41 PM EST
Liverpool are reported to be interested in signing AS Monaco striker Radamel Falcao, as Brendan Rodgers is still looking to fill the void brought about by Luis Suarez's departure.
The Irish mentor would want to make another surprising run this season just as he did the last term, but realizes that it is imperative for him to add the final puzzle-piece to his squad.
Monaco's Radamel Falcao walks on the field before their French Ligue 1 soccer match against Lorient at Louis II stadium in Monaco August 10, 2014.
"I still think we need a striker so we'll search through until the end of the window for that," he said.
"I don't think anyone has given us hope of getting in the top four. We loved the challenge last season and that is what we look to recreate."
Meanwhile, it is believed that the Colombian international is not impressed with the Red-and-Whites' lack of quality signings this summer, while willingly giving out compatriot James Rodriguez to Spanish giants Real Madrid.
The 28-year-old isn't in tip-top shape yet after suffering from a knee injury that kept him on the sidelines for about seven months, but remains a legitimate target for top clubs around Europe.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop