Transfer News: Liverpool to Consider Signing AS Monaco Striker Radamel Falcao
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 18, 2014 8:41 PM EST
Liverpool are reported to be interested in signing AS Monaco striker Radamel Falcao, as Brendan Rodgers is still looking to fill the void brought about by Luis Suarez's departure.
The Irish mentor would want to make another surprising run this season just as he did the last term, but realizes that it is imperative for him to add the final puzzle-piece to his squad.
Monaco's Radamel Falcao walks on the field before their French Ligue 1 soccer match against Lorient at Louis II stadium in Monaco August 10, 2014.
"I still think we need a striker so we'll search through until the end of the window for that," he said.
"I don't think anyone has given us hope of getting in the top four. We loved the challenge last season and that is what we look to recreate."
Meanwhile, it is believed that the Colombian international is not impressed with the Red-and-Whites' lack of quality signings this summer, while willingly giving out compatriot James Rodriguez to Spanish giants Real Madrid.
The 28-year-old isn't in tip-top shape yet after suffering from a knee injury that kept him on the sidelines for about seven months, but remains a legitimate target for top clubs around Europe.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia