Cronulla Shark’s Andrew Fifita Questioned by Authorities in Road Rage Incident
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 18, 2014 4:23 PM EST
Cronulla Sharks prop Andrew Fifita was invited by police for questioning on his alleged involvement in a road rage incident Sunday afternoon at Sydney's south.
Yahoo! Sports reports that the inquiry into the matter stems from a police compliant that the 25-year-old Fifita allegedly threw an object at a Subaru travelling behind him. The Sharks player was driving his Jeep at the Captain Cook Bridge at Taren Point when the said incident occurred at around 2 p.m.
The controversial player reportedly got out of his vehicle and made verbal threats to the 23-year-old male driver of the Subaru. Apart from these, he also allegedly punched and kicked the vehicle driven by the motorist, prompting the complaint to Miranda police.
Miranda police acting inspector confirmed the turn of events.
"Both vehicles stopped on Taren Point Road. The 25-year-old allegedly made threats and punched and kicked the vehicle causing some damage to it," acting Inspector Stuart said via the article.
While the former NSW State of Origin representative was not booked for any charges, the police said that they are still taking the time to investigate further into the complaint. This is not the first time that the troubled player has been involved in controversy. He has already been ruled out for the rest of the 2014 NRL season after succumbing to a broken arm last week in a loss to the New Zealand Warriors. He also had his $800,000 contract rescinded by the Canterbury Bulldogs in late March. He also had to recuperate for ten days in a hospital for an injured eye.
The Sharks released a statement that the club was already informed of the incident and had notified the league for the involvement of one of its wards.
"No charges have been laid and police investigations are continuing," the Cronulla Sharks said in a short statement on Monday. "No further comment will be made at this stage."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia