Cronulla Shark’s Andrew Fifita Questioned by Authorities in Road Rage Incident
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 18, 2014 4:23 PM EST
Cronulla Sharks prop Andrew Fifita was invited by police for questioning on his alleged involvement in a road rage incident Sunday afternoon at Sydney's south.
Yahoo! Sports reports that the inquiry into the matter stems from a police compliant that the 25-year-old Fifita allegedly threw an object at a Subaru travelling behind him. The Sharks player was driving his Jeep at the Captain Cook Bridge at Taren Point when the said incident occurred at around 2 p.m.
The controversial player reportedly got out of his vehicle and made verbal threats to the 23-year-old male driver of the Subaru. Apart from these, he also allegedly punched and kicked the vehicle driven by the motorist, prompting the complaint to Miranda police.
Miranda police acting inspector confirmed the turn of events.
"Both vehicles stopped on Taren Point Road. The 25-year-old allegedly made threats and punched and kicked the vehicle causing some damage to it," acting Inspector Stuart said via the article.
While the former NSW State of Origin representative was not booked for any charges, the police said that they are still taking the time to investigate further into the complaint. This is not the first time that the troubled player has been involved in controversy. He has already been ruled out for the rest of the 2014 NRL season after succumbing to a broken arm last week in a loss to the New Zealand Warriors. He also had his $800,000 contract rescinded by the Canterbury Bulldogs in late March. He also had to recuperate for ten days in a hospital for an injured eye.
The Sharks released a statement that the club was already informed of the incident and had notified the league for the involvement of one of its wards.
"No charges have been laid and police investigations are continuing," the Cronulla Sharks said in a short statement on Monday. "No further comment will be made at this stage."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia