Rousey Fought on One Leg for The Past Years, Wants To Face Carano, Holm, Or Justino Next
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 18, 2014 3:14 PM EST
Not only is Rhonda Rousey a terrific fighter, she can also move her opponents to submission using one leg. During her appearance on UFC Tonight, the UFC's bantamweight champion bared that she had to endure getting at it on the Octagon using one healthy leg. She has undergone four major surgeries on her knee and came off one when she fought last year.
Cast member Ronda Rousey attends the premiere of the film "The Expendables 3" in Los Angeles August 11, 2014.
"It's great. This is actually my fourth knee surgery...I've had it much worse, before," she said per Yahoo! Sports.
That physical ailment did not hinder her from performing on top shape. In fact, when asked about her conditioning, "Rowdy" declared that she would be good to go to fight right now. She added that she has never felt better than before even dating back to her high school days and mixing it up in International Judo competitions. Rousey was apparently winning bouts on one healthy legs over the last four years yet she says that she has felt better than 16 years ago.
The Expendables 3 star also talked about her next opponent and "Cyborg" Justino.
She was put on record as saying that she would like to be on the slate on the Jan. 3 that will feature the re-scheduled bout between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier. With regard to who she would like to spar with next, she mentioned fellow actress Gina Carano, recent UFC signee Holly Holm and the next in line contender Cat Zingano.
When the host brought up the topic of tussling fellow Strikeforce champ Cris "Cyborg" Justino, Rousey was all positive and raring to go.
"I'm down to fight her at any moment," Rousey said. "If she walked in here right now, I'd push-kick her with the heel (laughs) if it really was what needed to go down."
The UFC undefeated women's champion is busy going around promoting her latest movie vehicle, Expendables 3 where she has been earning rave reviews for her competent performance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier