Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’s Mega Slowbro and New Horde Encounters Detailed
By Gel Galang | August 18, 2014 2:13 PM EST
After the premature reveal of two more Mega Evolutions by the official "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" Web site in Korea, the Mega Audino was recently revealed as an addition to the roster of Pokemons.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Now, The Pokemon Company has made the other leaked Mega Evolution official, as the Mega Slowbro receives its own page over at the official "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" Web site.
First spotted by Serebii, the Mega Slowbro reportedly has energy gathered in the Shellder that it has surrounded by. As the shell's hardness gets boosted, it becomes hard enough that nothing else can scratch it in battle.
Once it goes under Mega Evolution, the Shell Armour Ability allows it to avoid critical hits, with its Defense jumping up as well as ots Sp. Attack. You'll be needing the Mega Slowbro in battles that will require you to stay long in the battle.
Check out the three evolutions of the Mega Slowbro, starting with the Slowpoke the Slowbro and the Slowking, before it reaches its Mega Evolved state in the link above.
Horde Encounters in 'Pokemon ORAS'
Another update on "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" involves Horde Encounters. Over at the official Web site, The Pokemon Company details that the feature found in "Pokemon X and Y" had been well-received by fans.
And because of this, "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" will be seeing Horde Encounters once more. In its predecessor game, this feature allowed for battling multiple Pokemons at one time, which is not only a beam of pride but also a way to gain a lot of Exp. Points for your Pokemon.
But in "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," Horde Encounters will extend to just battling wild Pokemon hordes. You can also do Horde Battles with Trainers, for that extra challenge. This means you can battle as many as five Trainers at one time during Horde Encounters.
Check out the screenshots of Horde Encounters to get you revved up for the new feature in "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire." In this case, you can see Team Magma Grunts sending out a horde of Poochyena as they show the player the "power of quintuplets."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy