Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’s Mega Slowbro and New Horde Encounters Detailed
By Gel Galang | August 18, 2014 2:13 PM EST
After the premature reveal of two more Mega Evolutions by the official "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" Web site in Korea, the Mega Audino was recently revealed as an addition to the roster of Pokemons.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Now, The Pokemon Company has made the other leaked Mega Evolution official, as the Mega Slowbro receives its own page over at the official "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" Web site.
First spotted by Serebii, the Mega Slowbro reportedly has energy gathered in the Shellder that it has surrounded by. As the shell's hardness gets boosted, it becomes hard enough that nothing else can scratch it in battle.
Once it goes under Mega Evolution, the Shell Armour Ability allows it to avoid critical hits, with its Defense jumping up as well as ots Sp. Attack. You'll be needing the Mega Slowbro in battles that will require you to stay long in the battle.
Check out the three evolutions of the Mega Slowbro, starting with the Slowpoke the Slowbro and the Slowking, before it reaches its Mega Evolved state in the link above.
Horde Encounters in 'Pokemon ORAS'
Another update on "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" involves Horde Encounters. Over at the official Web site, The Pokemon Company details that the feature found in "Pokemon X and Y" had been well-received by fans.
And because of this, "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" will be seeing Horde Encounters once more. In its predecessor game, this feature allowed for battling multiple Pokemons at one time, which is not only a beam of pride but also a way to gain a lot of Exp. Points for your Pokemon.
But in "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," Horde Encounters will extend to just battling wild Pokemon hordes. You can also do Horde Battles with Trainers, for that extra challenge. This means you can battle as many as five Trainers at one time during Horde Encounters.
Check out the screenshots of Horde Encounters to get you revved up for the new feature in "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire." In this case, you can see Team Magma Grunts sending out a horde of Poochyena as they show the player the "power of quintuplets."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast