Rob Schneider Blames Pharmaceutical Industry for Robin Williams' Untimely Death
By Annie Dee | August 18, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Robin Williams' close friend and actor, Rob Schneider, 50, thinks the comedian's death can be attributed to the medications he was taking while treating his the symptoms of Parkinson's disease. The "Home Alone 2" star blames the pharmaceutical industry as a whole for people who commit suicide in America.
Floral tributes on Robin Williams, Oscar winner hanged out on a belt at his home, but Never Passes still Remains in the Memory of thousands
Daily Star UK reports that grief-stricken Rob Schneider took to Twitter to reveal to his 193,000 followers that Robin Williams did not commit suicide out of the blue because of his depression. Rather, he put forward that the pharmaceutical industry should be held accountable for Robin's untimely death and the other suicides that were committed across the country.
He tweeted, "Now that we can talk about it. #RobinWilliams was on a drug treating the symptoms of Parkinson's. One of the SIDE-EFFECTS IS SUICIDE! [sic]"
"The Evil pharmaceutical industry ADMITS TO OVER 100,000 people in the USA DIE A YEAR FROM "PRESCRIPTION" DRUGS!! #RobinWilliams," he elaborated.
Even though the "Patch Adams" actor's spokeswoman denied the speculations that medication drugs pushed him to commit suicide, a source close to the actor's family shared that Robin recently got out of rehab and that he was taking a lot a prescription drugs for his anxiety and depression.
"A lot of Robin's friends are convinced that the cocktail of prescription pills he was on somehow contributed to his mental state deteriorating as quickly as it did. Robin had always suffered from depression and addiction but the diagnosis and treatment of his Parkinson's was new, as was the combination of drugs he was on," shared the source to Daily Mail.
Unfortunately, the source revealed that most of these drugs listed have suicidal thoughts as a possible side effect. This supports Rob Schneider's claim.
The "Good Will Hunting" star's passing left his family, colleagues, and a legion of fans grieving. Many were also shocked the actor was diagnosed with Parkinson's. Even close friends like Michael J. Fox, who is suffering from PD himself, was shocked.
Many are also starting to question the effects of depression and the safety of prescription drugs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build