Miranda Kerr Speaks Up on James Packer and David Gyngell’s Public Brawl
By Anne Lu | August 18, 2014 1:20 PM EST
Miranda Kerr wasn’t the reason childhood friends James Packer and David Gyngell publicly fought in May.
Packer was photographed engaging in a public wrestling match with the Nine Network boss in May outside Packer’s Bondi Beach residence.
Model Miranda Kerr arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
According to reports, Gyngell confronted Packer over the billionaire’s relationship with the Australian supermodel. Packer ended his six-year marriage to Erica Baxter, and it was apparently because of Kerr.
They released a joint statement shortly after their brawl photos became viral, only saying that they would not be commenting about the incident anymore.
They were also fined $500 each, a pittance compared to their billionaire and millionaire status, for “offensive behaviour.”
Kerr has previously denied being in a relationship with Packer, but that didn’t stop gossip rags to romantically link them together.
For the first time, the 31-year-old former Victoria’s Secret model spoke up about the infamous fight, denying her involvement.
“They weren’t fighting over me,” she told the Sunday Times Style magazine.
“James and I are friends, but people want to make a story, the public want to put me with someone,” Orlando Bloom’s ex-wife continued.
Kerr told the magazine she is still single and on good terms with Bloom, the father of her 3-year-old son Flynn.
But while the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star is a “great dad,” Kerr still wants a nanny to be present whenever Flynn is with his father.
“The nanny is with him all the time when he is with Orlando,” she said, explaining, “don’t get me wrong, he’s a great dad. It’s just me being a protective mother and wanting to make sure all his needs are met.”
A nanny present puts “less pressure” on Bloom while he takes care of daddy duties.
Kerr and Bloom were married in 2010, and have announced their separation in 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon