Miranda Kerr Speaks Up on James Packer and David Gyngell’s Public Brawl
By Anne Lu | August 18, 2014 1:20 PM EST
Miranda Kerr wasn’t the reason childhood friends James Packer and David Gyngell publicly fought in May.
Packer was photographed engaging in a public wrestling match with the Nine Network boss in May outside Packer’s Bondi Beach residence.
Model Miranda Kerr arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
According to reports, Gyngell confronted Packer over the billionaire’s relationship with the Australian supermodel. Packer ended his six-year marriage to Erica Baxter, and it was apparently because of Kerr.
They released a joint statement shortly after their brawl photos became viral, only saying that they would not be commenting about the incident anymore.
They were also fined $500 each, a pittance compared to their billionaire and millionaire status, for “offensive behaviour.”
Kerr has previously denied being in a relationship with Packer, but that didn’t stop gossip rags to romantically link them together.
For the first time, the 31-year-old former Victoria’s Secret model spoke up about the infamous fight, denying her involvement.
“They weren’t fighting over me,” she told the Sunday Times Style magazine.
“James and I are friends, but people want to make a story, the public want to put me with someone,” Orlando Bloom’s ex-wife continued.
Kerr told the magazine she is still single and on good terms with Bloom, the father of her 3-year-old son Flynn.
But while the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star is a “great dad,” Kerr still wants a nanny to be present whenever Flynn is with his father.
“The nanny is with him all the time when he is with Orlando,” she said, explaining, “don’t get me wrong, he’s a great dad. It’s just me being a protective mother and wanting to make sure all his needs are met.”
A nanny present puts “less pressure” on Bloom while he takes care of daddy duties.
Kerr and Bloom were married in 2010, and have announced their separation in 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List