Miranda Kerr Speaks Up on James Packer and David Gyngell’s Public Brawl
By Anne Lu | August 18, 2014 1:20 PM EST
Miranda Kerr wasn’t the reason childhood friends James Packer and David Gyngell publicly fought in May.
Packer was photographed engaging in a public wrestling match with the Nine Network boss in May outside Packer’s Bondi Beach residence.
Model Miranda Kerr arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
According to reports, Gyngell confronted Packer over the billionaire’s relationship with the Australian supermodel. Packer ended his six-year marriage to Erica Baxter, and it was apparently because of Kerr.
They released a joint statement shortly after their brawl photos became viral, only saying that they would not be commenting about the incident anymore.
They were also fined $500 each, a pittance compared to their billionaire and millionaire status, for “offensive behaviour.”
Kerr has previously denied being in a relationship with Packer, but that didn’t stop gossip rags to romantically link them together.
For the first time, the 31-year-old former Victoria’s Secret model spoke up about the infamous fight, denying her involvement.
“They weren’t fighting over me,” she told the Sunday Times Style magazine.
“James and I are friends, but people want to make a story, the public want to put me with someone,” Orlando Bloom’s ex-wife continued.
Kerr told the magazine she is still single and on good terms with Bloom, the father of her 3-year-old son Flynn.
But while the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star is a “great dad,” Kerr still wants a nanny to be present whenever Flynn is with his father.
“The nanny is with him all the time when he is with Orlando,” she said, explaining, “don’t get me wrong, he’s a great dad. It’s just me being a protective mother and wanting to make sure all his needs are met.”
A nanny present puts “less pressure” on Bloom while he takes care of daddy duties.
Kerr and Bloom were married in 2010, and have announced their separation in 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2