UFO Sighting: Mysterious Object Flashes Across the Super Moon (Watch Video)
By Sarah Thomas | August 18, 2014 1:14 PM EST
The Moon was visible in the night sky closest to the Earth, and this happens once in 20 years. It is called the Super Moon. The phenomenon which was the biggest of its kind took place in July 2014.
The Supermoon rises over houses in Olvera, in the southern Spanish province of Cadiz, July 12, 2014. Occurring when a full moon or new moon coincides with the closest approach the moon makes to the Earth, the Supermoon results in a larger-than-usual appearance of the lunar disk.
Stargazers were busy witnessing this rare sight, many taking photos and recording the spectacle. An amateur videographer captured the Super Moon. Shockingly, the footage also captured an object crossing the path of the Moon. Viewers called the mysterious object as a bizarre UFO. The alleged alien craft was seen flashing across the night sky when the enthusiastic stargazer captured the video.
He uploaded the video on his YouTube channel. His username is mediabyjj. In his comment, he said that he was looking at the video screen when he spotted the object. He tried to figure out whether it was a bird or something else.
He posted, that since this thing was far away from where he was standing and he does not know what it is. "What do you all think it is?" he asked his viewers.
Scott Waring from UFO sightings daily, said that it was an interesting catch of the Super Moon. A black circle is captured moving silently across the Moon, not on the surface, but between the Moon and the Earth. "This guy has amazingly powerful equipment that is catching this UFO," he added.
Mediabyjj said in his description, "This wasn't the International Space Station (ISS) because, while it was visible over New Jersey during the evening this video was recorded, it was well away from where the Moon was (The Moon was in the SE at this time). The ISS appeared 12° above NNW and disappeared 10° above NNE. I also recorded this at 10:30 pm ET, and the ISS appeared just after 10:00 pm ET."
The July Super Moon was to appear 30 per cent brighter and 14 per cent bigger than the average full Moon. This was the first of the three consecutive Super Moons of 2014.
On many occasions, there have been sightings in the Solar System. A rock with a pyramid on it was seen on June 29. Scientists at the ISRO laboratory identified it as asteroid 1999 RQ36.
The black pyramid video was uploaded on You Tube. In the video, the asteroid appears as a rock in space but when observed closely, it seems to be inhabited.
In March 2014, a three-minute, 40-second video shows a circular rotating object coming close to the International Space Station.
In April, the Mars Curiosity rover captured an image on the surface of Mars that appeared like a beam of light. But the scientists at NASA say it could be due to cosmic rays hitting the camera detector or sunlight shining on a rock. This raised questions about aliens on Mars.
All these incidents do not undermine the likelihood of the object spotted in Mediabyjj's video to be a UFO. Instead, it opens the video to the possibilities of it being one. Viewers all around the world were taken aback by mediabyjj, and the views of the video have soared up to 1,113,394 in just six days since it was uploaded on Aug 10.
While some believe it to be an alien space craft, a few others are skeptical about it. The world has been searching for answers to alien sightings and existence. Until this day, it still remains a mystery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Complex Alien Molecule May Offer Hints At Origin Of Life
- Harry Potter's Invisibility Cloak: New York Scientists Unveil A Cloaking Device [Watch Video]
- Boy Bitten By A Snake During A Visit To The Botanical Garden In Melbourne
- Eerie Reddish Glow Of October 8 Total Lunar Eclipse – Astronomer Reminds Aussies To Enjoy Photo Opp
- Australia's Rising Temperatures Have 'Definite' Links To Global Warming
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate