Batman: Arkham Knight Emerges With New Screenshots, Story Details and Updates From Rocksteady
By Gel Galang | August 18, 2014 12:55 PM EST
"Batman: Arkham Knight" may be Rocksteady's last take on the Arkham game series, but the studio is taking the project as seriously as though it were their last game.
A man reaches for a Batman comic book during Batman Day at the Midtown Comics store in New York July 23, 2014. Comic book stores are celebrating the 75th anniversary of the creation of the Caped Crusader.
It has been quite the journey for Rocksteady since they started with "Batman: Arkham Asylum." But as proven by the succeeding games following this debut, the studio has just gotten better at what they do best.
"Our approach has been to put everything we have into every game we make. We never hold ideas back because you never know what's around the corner," director Sefton Hill said to GamesTM. "So I guess you could describe that as a 'kitchen sink' approach but I'd prefer to say it's more of a 'live every game as if it's your last' approach."
And this is showcased by the way that the little details in Batman: Arkham Knight are laid out. In the interview with GamesTM, Rocksteady confirmed that this was the game that they were able to showcase the entirety of Gotham--from its dingy streets to the sweeping skyscrapers that would even serve as Batman's battleground in the game.
Even the weather is something to behold, as it sets the entire tone of "Batman: Arkham Knight, the city shrouded in darkness, and made even better with an atmosphere built solely for the next-gen consoles.
Rocksteady Rolls Out New Screenshots at Gamescom
Fans don't have to wait long for updates on the game, however as Gamescom brings with it a new batch of screenshots.
Compiled by Arkhamverse, the screenshots show off a couple of new moves and some weapons, such as Batman'a batarang, Arkham Knight's army of machines and a few more screens of the Batmobile.
The batarang is said to be remote-controlled, while Batman also gets a few moves in tandem with the Batmobile in Battle mode.
More Gameplay Details Revealed
Gamescom has also uncovered new details for "Batman: Arkham Knight, starting with new weapons and additions. GamesRadar has listed all of the things revealed, such as the Bat-Scanner, which is a star-shaped device that allows for surveillance controlled by Batman.
Batman also has a video chat hologram device on his right wrist, which may be a way to call in the anticipated Batmobile. Batman is not the only one with new weapons, as the Batmobile has been revealed to also have an Afterburner Mode, which then allows it to rev up and then dash up its speed.
If there's something very notable about "Batman: Arkham Knight," it would have to be the very fluid combat and expansive ways of engaging in battle. According to GamesRader, there are combo moves that are unlockable, and there are even some attacks that would fit a specific situation.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related