Nokia Lumia 930 vs.OnePlus One – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 18, 2014 12:52 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 930 was released in July, whereas the OnePlus One was released in June. Readers who are interested in the OnePlus One or the Nokia Lumia 930 should check out the specifications, features and price comparison.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
Display, Exterior And Size
The OnePlus One comes with a LG G3-like 5.5-inch LTPS LCD display, whereas the Nokia Lumia 930 features a relatively smaller 5.0-inch AMOLED display. In addition, both the handsets come with the same screen resolution of 1,080 x 1,920 pixels. However, the pixel density differs. The OnePlus One can support up to 401 ppi, while the Nokia Lumia 930's pixel strength stands at 441 ppi.
When it comes to the exterior, the Nokia Lumia 930 stands out with bright and vivid colours that Nokia handsets are known for. Also, the back panel of the handset is made of polycarbonate material that bends around to touch the front side of the phone. The OnePlus One, on the other hand, comes with a unique magnesium exterior. In addition, the device's rear panel is alterable with a choice of bamboo, kevlar and denim.
The thickness and the weight of Nokia Lumia 930 are 0.39-inch and 167 g respectively, whereas the OnePlus One is 0.35-inch thick and weighs 162 g.
Hardware, Software And Memory
The Lumia 930 is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.2 GHz. The OnePlus One, on the other hand, is powered by a superior quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.5 GHz. While the Nokia Lumia 930 comes equipped with 2 GB of RAM, the OnePlus One houses a solid 3 GB of RAM.
OnePlus One runs on the unique combination of Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS with CyanogenMod 11S UI, while the Nokia Lumia 930 runs on the latest Windows Phone 8.1 OS. When it comes to memory, the OnePlus One provides 16 GB and 64 GB of internal storage, whereas the Nokia Lumia 930 offers 32 GB of in-built memory. However, both the handsets do not support microSD card.
Camera And Battery
The OnePlus One sports a 13 MP rear-facing camera unit and a 5 MP front-facing shooter. The Lumia 930, meanwhile, comes with a powerful 20 MP PureView primary camera and a 1.2 MP secondary camera unit. Also, both the handsets come with dual-LED flash.
While the Lumia 930 houses a 2420 mAh battery unit, the OnePlus One comes with a much-powerful 3100 mAh battery unit. Both the batteries are not user-replaceable.
1. Both the phones come equipped with Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot, LTE and NFC support. However, the difference comes in the form of Bluetooth version. The OnePlus One goes one step further and supports Bluetooth v4.1, whereas the Nokia Lumia 930 supports the standard Bluetooth v4.0.
2. The OnePlus One comes in silk white and sandstone black, whereas the Nokia Lumia 930 comes in bright orange, bright green, white, and black colours.
3. Interested readers can check out Bamboo StyleSwap Cover specific to OnePlus One handset that comes for US$49.
4. While the OnePlus One supports micro-SIM, the Nokia Lumia 930 supports nano-SIM.
5. Both the phones do not feature dust/water proof exteriors.
6. The Lumia handset comes with a built-in wireless charging capability, while the OnePlus handset doesn't.
3. Killer Deal: Nokia Lumia 520 Available For $39 In Amazon As Lumia 530's Release Awaited - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: