HTC One M8: HTC to Offer Limited Edition of Android Smartphone with a Design Coming from Phunk Studio
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 18, 2014 12:50 PM EST
HTC will be offering a limited edition of the HTC One M8 smartphone sporting a design coming from the Singapore-based Phunk Studio. The Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer teamed up with Phunk Studio to incorporate the "Wonderment" theme design to the Android device.
According to a GSMArena report, the offer will be really limited because only 64 HTC One M8 with the Phunk Studio design will be created. An unnamed co-founder of Phunk Studio revealed that the special design on the HTC One M8 limited edition serves as a preview of Phunk's upcoming exhibition which is set to take place in Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong this 2014. Click HERE to see photos.
The Verge report claims the 64 HTC One M8 smartphones with the Phunk Studio design imprinted on the metal case will be available in gold and silver colour options. However, the details on the availability and pricing scheme for the HTC One M8 Phunk Studio edition are still unknown.
One can expect the limited edition device to be very expensive due to the number of units to be made. As for the features and specs on the Phunk Studio edition of the HTC One M8, the Android smartphone will still have a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system upgradable to Android 4.4.3 KitKat, Adreno 330 GPU and the HTC Sense 6.0 UI.
Additional HTC One M8 features and specs include the internal storage capacities of 16 GB or 32 GB that can be expanded up to 128 GB through the microSD card slot available, a dual 4 MP primary camera with autofocus as well as dual-LED flash, a 5 MP secondary camera, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, microUSB 2.0 and the 2600 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery capable of talk time up to 14 hours in 2G or 20 hours in 3G while stand-by time is up to 271 hours on 2G or 496 hours on 3G. The official colour choices for the HTC One M8 are Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold.
More Articles to Read:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date