HTC One M8: HTC to Offer Limited Edition of Android Smartphone with a Design Coming from Phunk Studio
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 18, 2014 12:50 PM EST
HTC will be offering a limited edition of the HTC One M8 smartphone sporting a design coming from the Singapore-based Phunk Studio. The Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer teamed up with Phunk Studio to incorporate the "Wonderment" theme design to the Android device.
According to a GSMArena report, the offer will be really limited because only 64 HTC One M8 with the Phunk Studio design will be created. An unnamed co-founder of Phunk Studio revealed that the special design on the HTC One M8 limited edition serves as a preview of Phunk's upcoming exhibition which is set to take place in Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong this 2014. Click HERE to see photos.
The Verge report claims the 64 HTC One M8 smartphones with the Phunk Studio design imprinted on the metal case will be available in gold and silver colour options. However, the details on the availability and pricing scheme for the HTC One M8 Phunk Studio edition are still unknown.
One can expect the limited edition device to be very expensive due to the number of units to be made. As for the features and specs on the Phunk Studio edition of the HTC One M8, the Android smartphone will still have a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system upgradable to Android 4.4.3 KitKat, Adreno 330 GPU and the HTC Sense 6.0 UI.
Additional HTC One M8 features and specs include the internal storage capacities of 16 GB or 32 GB that can be expanded up to 128 GB through the microSD card slot available, a dual 4 MP primary camera with autofocus as well as dual-LED flash, a 5 MP secondary camera, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, microUSB 2.0 and the 2600 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery capable of talk time up to 14 hours in 2G or 20 hours in 3G while stand-by time is up to 271 hours on 2G or 496 hours on 3G. The official colour choices for the HTC One M8 are Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold.
More Articles to Read:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Useful Tips For Moto X And Moto G: Lock Screen Notifications, Quick Settings And Privacy
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop List Of Bugs And Ways To Resolve On Nexus 5, Nexus 7 And Nexus 9
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- iPhone 8 Speculation: Exciting Big Leap From The iPhone 6
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary