‘Outlander’ Episode 2 Recap: Claire Lies About Her Husband To Jamie
By Sachin Trivedi | August 18, 2014 12:49 PM EST
Claire is developing a deep friendship with Jamie Frazer in "Outlander" episode 2. She is a twentieth century nurse who has travelled back in time to eighteenth century Scotland. She is accepted as a guest by Colum MacKenzie at Castle Leoch.
Claire can still not share her true identity with anyone. She gets emotional thinking about her husband while nursing the wounds of Jamie. She tells him that her husband is dead and he comforts her. The two almost share their first kiss but Claire pulls away at the last moment.
The background story of Jamie was revealed in "Outlander" episode 2. He has a price on his head for a murder he did not commit and has seen the brutality of Captain Jack Randall. He shares with Claire the incident where he was flogged for trying to save his sister from being raped by the British soldiers. Readers will remember that Jack Randall is the ancestor of Claire's husband. The infamous captain had tried to rape Claire in the first episode.
Claire is helped by a kind woman called Mrs. Fitzgibbons in the Castle. The old lady helps Claire with her new dress, brings her food and gives her chores to help pass the time. Colum promises Claire that she will be allowed to leave the castle in five days.
Most people still suspect Claire to be an English spy in "Outlander." Dougal has her watched at all times. Colum continues to interrogate her in a friendly chat over dinner, even after promising to allow her to go.
Colum is the leader of the clan and people come before him in the hall to seek justice. Jamie shows his kind heart by stepping in to take the punishment for a young girl. Claire suspects that there is something amiss when Jamie's uncle, Dougal, has him punched much longer than anticipated as punishment. He had earlier ordered him to tend to horses at the stable.
Being a nurse may have come in handy for Claire, but in "Outlander" episode 2 it may have made her a permanent captive at the castle. Colum invites Claire to see the operation table of the previous healer just before she leaves. Towards the end of the show he orders her to take the vacant position of healer and remain his guest at the castle.
'Outlander' TV Series: Episode 1 Sassenach Recap [Spoilers] [Read]
'Guardians Of The Galaxy' 2-Peter Quill's Father Not Based On Comics [Read]
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister's New Friend [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James