Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Debuts on PS4, New DLC Brings Vampires and Origin Offers Free Trial
By Gel Galang | August 18, 2014 12:49 PM EST
The dawn of "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" on the PS4 is almost here as EA's odd zombie shooter game debuts on The Drop for PlayStation this week.
The co-op and multiplayer game will be debuting for the PS4 and PS3 on both digital and retail on Aug. 19. It was previously announced that the PS4 version will be getting exclusive hats.
"The team wanted to do something special for all of the PlayStation fans, so we've created a batch of exclusive hats based on some of our favorite PlayStation characters," lead gameplay designer for "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" Chris Fox said to the PlayStation Blog. They were available as a preorder, so there may still be time before the game hits the launch button.
Suburbination Comes to Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC
And while "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" is now dropping by the PS4, it does not mean that content for its previously timed exclusive offering on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 is already over.
According to GamenGuide, a new DLC pack titled Suburbination is dropping by to bring in new content, maps and modes. These include a new Crash Course map, new Garden Ops missions and bosses, and a new Suburbination game mode.
The new mode will see team with objectives to accomplish in order to earn more points. To be the best in that mode means scoring all of the points in the map. This advantage will let you put your rival team in a "state of Suburbination" and they have to work to get out of it.
Players can also expect some new zombies to debut on "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" via the Suburbination DLC. These include the Baron Von Bats, the Treasure Yeti and the Yeti Imp. Interestingly, the Barn Von Bats is a vampire who can summon zombies and teleport-how's that for a bigger challenge?
Check out the Suburbination trailer below to see what's in store for "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare."
Garden Warfare Offered for Free Trial for 3 Days
Those who have yet to decide whether or not "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" is worth getting, Origin is currently holding a "Game Time" promo, where it offers the full game for a limited time frame on a PC trial.
Spotted by Gamepur, "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" is one of the titles that can be enjoyed for free to convince you to buy the full game.
The co-op multiplayer takes after the many shooter titles, and merges it with its own brand of weird as plants don on costumes and grab their guns to defend against the zombies.
According to the report, the free trial comes with all of its features, even the split-screen co-op mode and Boss mode, as well as the capability to join the 24-player multiplayer where you can choose to either be a plant or a zombie. Origin's Game Time also allows you to unlock all the characters and weapons for the duration of the trial.
Check out the link here to get your "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" free trial.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2