HTC One Mini 2 vs. Oppo N1 Mini – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 18, 2014 12:46 PM EST
The HTC One Mini 2 was released in May, whereas the Oppo N1 Mini has recently been released in China. Moreover, the Oppo handset will be launched in other countries shortly. Readers who are interested in the HTC One Mini 2 or the upcoming Oppo N1 Mini should check out the specifications, features and price comparison.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
Display, Exterior And Size
The HTC One Mini 2 features a 4.5-inch Super LCD2 display with 720 x 1,280 pixels screen resolution. The Oppo N1 Mini, on the other hand, features a relatively bigger 5-inch IPS LCD display with the same resolution as the HTC device. In addition, the pixel densities of HTC and Oppo handsets stand at 326 ppi and 294 ppi respectively.
The slightly curved rear of the HTC One Mini 2 has a brushed aluminium finish and provides the much-loved premium look boasted by the bigger HTC One M8. However, HTC's 2014 flagship One M8 comes with a full-aluminium unibody, while the compact version One Mini 2 comes with plastic corners. Nevertheless, there is no information available on the exterior of the upcoming Oppo N1 Mini at this point.
The thickness and the weight of Oppo N1 Mini are 0.36-inch and 150 g respectively, whereas the HTC One Mini 2 is 0.42-inch thick and weighs 137 g.
Hardware, Software And Memory
Both the handsets are powered by the same quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor. However the HTC device is clocked at 1.2 GHz, while the Oppo handset is clocked 1.6 GHz. While the HTC One Mini 2 houses only 1 GB of RAM, the Oppo N1 Mini comes with a solid 2 GB of RAM.
In addition, the compact device from HTC runs on Android OS v4.4.2 (KitKat) with HTC Sense UI. And the mini device from Oppo runs on Android OS v4.3 (Jelly Bean) with ColorOS UI. Furthermore, both the phones offer 16 GB of internal storage. While the HTC One Mini 2 supports microSD card for expansion up to 128 GB, the Oppo N1 Mini doesn't.
Camera And Battery
The HTC One Mini 2 sports a whopping 13 MP rear-facing camera with LED Flash and a 5 MP front-facing camera unit. The Oppo N1 Mini, on the other hand, houses a unique 13 MP primary camera unit that can be swivelled (turned) back and forth. This way, even the front-facing camera can capture images with the same 13 MP sensor.
Additionally, the HTC handset houses a good Li-Ion 2110 mAh (non-removable) battery unit, whereas the Oppo N1 Mini houses a similar Li-Ion 2140 mAh (user-replaceable) battery unit.
Connectivity And Colour
Both the phones support Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi, LTE, and microUSB slots. In addition, the HTC device supports NFC, while the Oppo device doesn't. The Oppo N1 Mini comes in white, whereas the HTC One Mini 2 handset comes in gunmetal gray, glacial silver and amber gold.
The HTC One Mini 2 (16 GB, 4G LTE) is priced at AU$439.95. The Oppo N1 Mini, meanwhile, is priced at CNY 2,699 in China that roughly translates to US$437, AU$468 and £259. Interested readers should check out the impressive image of the Oppo N1 Mini from Oppo Mobile India.
1. Google Nexus 6 (aka Motorola Shamu) With 5.2-Inch Display, Android L And Snapdragon 805 Processor Spotted In Benchmark Testing - [Read]
3. Upcoming Nokia Lumia 830 On Release Date To Come With 4.5-Inch Display, 20 MP PureView Camera And More - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More