Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Clone Goophone and Benchmark Appear as Samsung Highlights Super AMOLED Power
By Gel Galang | August 18, 2014 12:13 PM EST
Before the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 even makes it to its own unveiling, copycats have beat it to the punch at its own game.
A woman takes pictures with Nokia's new smartphone, the Lumia 1020 with a 41-megapixel camera, after its unveiling in New York in this July 11, 2013 file photo. Finnish telecoms gear maker Nokia has good prospects for sales in Europe and North America in the coming quarters, its chief executive said on July 24, 2014, after the company posted better-than-expected quarterly results. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/Files
Enter Goophone N4, which is reported to be the clone of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Goophone has been notorious for churning out devices that look very much like the original of various brands.
Its latest released design, according to Fone Arena, is the Goophone N4, but the revealed specs are far from what is expected for the actual Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
The Goophone N4 features a 5.7-inch display that has a 1920x1080p resolution, 2GB of RAM, a 1.7GHz octa-core MediaTek processor, 13-megapixel rear and 5-megapixel front camera and 3200 mAh battery.
Still, the phone is reportedly great as a clone on the outside of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. What's more, it's already available for purchase, for those who are interested in just looking like you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Speaking of the actual specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, the device has recently been spotted in AnTuTu's benchmark pages, revealing some of the specs coming with the device.
According to GSM Arena, some of these have already been discussed by circulating rumours, including the Samsung Exynos 5433 octa-core processor or a Snapdragon 805-bearing version, a 15.8-megapixe camera, a 5.7-inch display packing in 1440x2560 pixel resolution with over 500 ppi. The storage space will be set at 16GB though expandable storage via microSD has not yet been confirmed.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to debut on Sept. 3 at the IFA in Berlin.
Super AMOLED Display Seems Great in this Samsung Infographic
As the release date for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 nears, Samsung may be putting some effort into pushing up some of the features of its devices, one of which is the Super AMOLED display. For instance, its newest Galaxy Tab S series bears the new Super AMOLED display.
In a recently released infographic spotted by SamMobile, Samsung mentions how some of the features of Super AMOLED displays set it apart from LCDs.
One of the advantages, according to the report, is that Super AMOLED displays are more efficient and faster than conventional LCDs. This is due to the self-emitting diodes and pixels that allow for faster reaction speeds.
Compared to LCDs, Super AMOLED displays also have an organic layer of colour as opposed to using colour filters, hence, it covers almost 900% of the Adobe RGB scale so you can get the most accurate colour. Super AMOLED displays also have a wider viewing angle even when you're using your Samsung Galaxy Tab S when lying on your back.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories