Vampire Diaries Casting News: One Major Character Not Returning for Season 7 – Report
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 18, 2014 12:13 PM EST
"The Vampire Diaries" fans should now start to learn watching the CW TV series without one of the major characters. The latest reports surrounding the cast of TVD claim that after "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6, only two main cast members will be returning for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 7.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Ben Affleck: 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice' Actor Speaks Up on Fans' Reaction to His Batman Casting
The Originals Season 2 Spoilers: Devious Maids Actor Colin Woodell to Portray Badass Werewolf Aiden in New Season
According to an exclusive E!Online TV Scoop report, TVD stars Paul Wesley (Stefan Salvatore), Nina Dobrev (Elena Gilbert) and Ian Somerhalder (Damon Salvatore) have been in talks with Warner Bros. Studios. However, only two TVD stars agreed to sign for the seventh season of the hit TV series.
Several unnamed sources familiar with the contract negotiations revealed that the TVD star who did not sign, Paul, Nina or Ian, is still not sure whether he or she will continue starring in "The Vampire Diaries." Series creator and executive producer Julie Plec revealed in E!'s interview at the 2014 San Diego Comic Con that "The Vampire Diaries" will still continue as long as the actors want the TV series to go on.
Plec shared that everybody is still under contract and even the big bosses have plans for seasons eight, nine and ten. "I said I want to be part of it as long as I know I could keep telling good stories and as long as the ensemble people that I work with want to be there and are committed and dedicated," Plec shared.
Furthermore, there is a possibility that the CW Network will still continue the supernatural TV series even without the three main stars aboard. The focus will reportedly be shifted to the fan-favorite characters of "The Vampire Diaries."
Meanwhile, a Wet Paint report speculates "The Vampire Diaries" Season 7 could be the last for the CW Network but Julie Plec assured that things are "so far so good." Plec further added that the team behind "The Vampire Diaries" will see how long the show can stay and do well.
Catch Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev as well as Ian Somerhalder returning in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 which is scheduled to premiere on Thursday night, Oct. 2, at 8 p.m. ET on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Julie Plec Talks about Big Bad Villain Coming to Mystic Falls - [READ]
Nina Dobrev, Kellan Lutz: Twilight Actor Jokes about Distance Rule with Vampire Diaries Actress at 2014 Teen Choice Awards to Avoid Dating Rumours [VIDEO] - [READ]
The Vampire Diaries, The Originals: CW Stars Gather for TV Series' New Season Promo Shoot - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy