Five Countries that Produce the Best Chocolate
By Vanessa Doctor | August 18, 2014 11:14 AM EST
Chocolates are among the most comforting types of food that people should have every now and then. Although chocolates are now produced in various parts of the globe, some places created a reputation for being the top producers of the best chocolates. It also explains why a small piece of this bittersweet goodness can command a higher price but still get a nonstop high demand all year round.
Dark Chocolate offers relief to the patients suffering from PAD.
Germans are an avid chocolate eaters, being the second largest consumers in the world. They also make sure that they only get the best quality that several chocolate makers continue to improve their standards and become known worldwide for their luxurious creations. Germany brings cocoa beans from eight different countries to make the best chocolate. Some of the top brands include Sarroti, Kinder Schokolade, Ritter Sport, Alpia and Milka.
Swiss chocolates are always among the best-rated. People in Switzerland are also very fond of chocolate that makes the country the highest per capita consumer of chocolate worldwide. Every individual eats about 22 pounds of chocolate every year. Some of the best brands include Lindt, Toblerone, Swiss Army, Glando and Cailler Nestle.
The French are particularly fond of coming up with unique designs and chocolate fillings with liquor. They invest heavily on a top quality cocoa. The top brands in the country are Richart and Valrhona.
4. The United States
Despite being the only country outside Europe in the list, U.S. is the biggest producer of chocolates in the world, generating millions of dollars in revenue each year. Some of the top brands include Hershey, Twix, Dagoba and Snickers.
Belgian chocolate is almost synonymous to luxury and fine quality. Particularly, Godiva chocolates has established itself as one of the premier chocolate makers in the world, with its signature gold boxes and intricate designs. Other top brands include Floranne and Nirvana. There are about 2,000 chocolate shops in the country.
Other countries also made their mark as quality chocolate makers, such as the Netherlands and Italy. Cocoa beans are usually imported from South America or Asia to get the best quality.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New String Of Ebola In The Democratic Republic Of The Congo; DFAT Advises Against Travel
- Sex Change Surgery Gets Enhanced Cover From US Insurance Firms: Obama Regime's Policy Change Became The Trigger
- Sex With 20 Women Or More Reduces Risk Of Prostate Cancer, Canadian Research Says
- From 30-Inch To 16-Inch Waistline, Woman Shrinks Self With Corset [Video]
- Red Cross Aussie Nurse Says Australia’s Ebola Visa Ban Is Embarrassing
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family