Five Countries that Produce the Best Chocolate
By Vanessa Doctor | August 18, 2014 11:14 AM EST
Chocolates are among the most comforting types of food that people should have every now and then. Although chocolates are now produced in various parts of the globe, some places created a reputation for being the top producers of the best chocolates. It also explains why a small piece of this bittersweet goodness can command a higher price but still get a nonstop high demand all year round.
Dark Chocolate offers relief to the patients suffering from PAD.
Germans are an avid chocolate eaters, being the second largest consumers in the world. They also make sure that they only get the best quality that several chocolate makers continue to improve their standards and become known worldwide for their luxurious creations. Germany brings cocoa beans from eight different countries to make the best chocolate. Some of the top brands include Sarroti, Kinder Schokolade, Ritter Sport, Alpia and Milka.
Swiss chocolates are always among the best-rated. People in Switzerland are also very fond of chocolate that makes the country the highest per capita consumer of chocolate worldwide. Every individual eats about 22 pounds of chocolate every year. Some of the best brands include Lindt, Toblerone, Swiss Army, Glando and Cailler Nestle.
The French are particularly fond of coming up with unique designs and chocolate fillings with liquor. They invest heavily on a top quality cocoa. The top brands in the country are Richart and Valrhona.
4. The United States
Despite being the only country outside Europe in the list, U.S. is the biggest producer of chocolates in the world, generating millions of dollars in revenue each year. Some of the top brands include Hershey, Twix, Dagoba and Snickers.
Belgian chocolate is almost synonymous to luxury and fine quality. Particularly, Godiva chocolates has established itself as one of the premier chocolate makers in the world, with its signature gold boxes and intricate designs. Other top brands include Floranne and Nirvana. There are about 2,000 chocolate shops in the country.
Other countries also made their mark as quality chocolate makers, such as the Netherlands and Italy. Cocoa beans are usually imported from South America or Asia to get the best quality.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Justin Bieber Strips for Fashion Week, Flashes Six Pack Abs: His Diet and Workout Secrets
- Research Finds African Americans and Caribbean Blacks Experiencing Discrimination are at a Greater Risk for Mental Disorders
- Joan Rivers May Have Died From Propofol Like Michael Jackson
- Prince Harry Turns 30 And Inherits $16 Million: Cancels Birthday Bash Due To Morning Sickness Of His Sister-in-Law Kate Middleton
- Nicole Kidman Grieves After Loss Of Father; Ways To Deal With Death Of Family Members
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers