'Batman V Superman‘ And 'Justice League' Scenes In One, August Release Date Possible
By Tanya Diente | August 18, 2014 10:38 AM EST
A report claimed moving the release date of "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" would also mean an early release for "Justice League" with it probably coming to theatres in August.
An anti-government demonstrator dressed as Batman yells slogans accompanied by passengers on a bus, during a protest against the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro June 12, 2014. Placard reads "We want to be the champions in healthcare, education and not just in football."
Warner Bros. has reportedly decided to move the release date of the "Man of Steel" sequel from May 6, 2016 to March 25. For reasons that according to Inquisitr, would allow the DC comics-based movie to avoid running into its Marvel competitor "Captain America 3," which is also scheduled for a May 6 release.
But Den of Geek writer Mike Cecchini also points out some reports that the move was not just to make "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" into a better film but also to "facilitate a quicker turnaround for "Justice League."
As previously reported by International Business Times, Warner Bros. has lined up nine untitled DC movies scheduled to be released sometime between 2016 until 2020. The first movie lineup is set for Aug. 5, then June 23 and Nov. 17 both for 2017.
Moving the release date of BVS according to Inquisitr makes it possible for "Justice League" to be released on Aug. 5, 2016. The site claims Warner Bros. has mentioned the movie would come "in the heels" of the sequel. Aug. 5 is closest to March 25 than June 23. However, fans may soon know the answer as the company has reportedly assured that they will soon reveal the titles to their DC movie lineup.
According to Den of Geek, moving the release date of "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" would also allow portions of "Justice League" to be filmed back-to-back with the "Man of Steel" sequel. It would reportedly build on the sequel's momentum by adding in some classic characters from "Justice League." But this setup hasn't yet been confirmed. Although Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman teased its possibility during an interview with Entertainment Weekly
"While it hasn't been officially announced, I think it's a pretty good bet," he said.
Meanwhile, Warner Bros. has reportedly been busy with the production of "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." The movie was initially scheduled for release on April 28, 2016 before it was moved to May 6 then now to March 25.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation