Nicki Minaj VS Michael Jackson: Nicki Breaks Record of King of Pop For Having Most Billboard Hot 100 Hits
By nidhi tewari | August 18, 2014 8:59 AM EST
Nicki Minaj has broken the record of King of Pop Michael Jackson for having the most Billboard Hot 100 hits. Minaj's latest single "Anaconda" made its entry at number 19 spot thus giving the rapper her 51st Hot 100 hit as compared to Jackson's previous record of 50, new reports suggest. Surprisingly, the 31-year-old was able to achieve this result in just four years.
Nicki Minaj accepts the award for best female hip hop artist during the 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 29, 2014.
However there is a catch. Nicki was able to achieve this remarkable result because she was only featured in 20 of her hits out of 51. Rest of her 31 hit songs are guest features. But in case of Michael Jackson, all of his 50 Hot 100 hits feature him as the lead or co-lead, Yahoo Music is reporting.
"Made history today," Minaj Instagramed on Thursday about her accomplishment along with a screen shot of the Tweet from Billboard. "I didn't even know I was tied with Michael Jackson with 50 Hot 100 entries on Billboard. Anaconda makes 51 and now I'm tied with Rod Stewart. God bless, and thank you."
Nicki entered the Billboard countdown way back in 2001 when she featured on Lil Wayne's "Knockout." However, the artist debuted on Hot 100 chart as a lead artist with "Your Love" after four months. Comparatively Michael Jackson did not take any credit for his guest appearances on many songs including Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me" or Diana Ross's "Eaten Alive."
King of Pop Jackson entered the charts from 1971's "Got To Be There" till 2014. Jackson's posthumous entries into the charts include "Slave to the Rhythm" and "Love Never Felt So Good."
"Anaconda" is from Minaj's upcoming third studio album "The Pink Print" and the rapper is expected to perform the latest chart topper at the upcoming MTV Music Video awards in Los Angeles on Aug. 25. Nicki was in news recently for her controversial cover of "Anaconda," where the singer is showing off her butt in a tiny pink thong. Check out the picture here. The rapper also has another song, "Bang Bang," on the Billboard Hot 100 countdown. Nicki collaborated with Jessie J and Ariana Grande on this chart topper.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet