'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Spoilers: Bullied Girl Battling Skin Condition Shares Life Before Competition
By Annie Dee | August 18, 2014 8:53 AM EST
If 20-year old Chantelle Brown-Young listened to what her bullies said, she would not be gracing America with her beautiful poses and whimsical smiles on the upcoming cycle of "America's Next Top Model." Thankfully, Chantelle gave no heed to the bullying. Despite the white patches over her face and body, this did not stop the 20-year old from pursuing a chance at modelling.
Model and talk show host Tyra Banks arrives at the BET Awards '09 in Los Angeles June 28, 2009.
ANTM's Cycle 21 is bolder than ever. Tyra Banks went against all modeling books and rules and allowed Chantelle, a girl with a vitiligo to fight for the prestigious modeling title. And Chantelle, with her spunk and go-get-it attitude, along with her pretty physique and modeling talent just might surprise everyone. Chantelle shared her harrowing experiences of being bullied.
"I was called a cow; I was moo-ed at; I was called Zebra," shared the aspiring model to FOX411.
In an interview with People Magazine, Chantelle constantly reminded herself of her beauty despite being bullied. Certainly not a career for the faint-hearted, Chantelle shared that she took a liking for modeling at the tender age of 16 when a photographer requested her to pose for some pictures.
"She had found me on Facebook and she fell in love with my skin and my energy in pictures so she decided she wanted to do a photo shoot with me," recalled Chantelle. After that, her passion for the challenging career took off.
Proving that she's better than her bullies, Chantelle took her unique look into a career that would bring her to "America's Next Top Model's" 21st season as a contestant.
Chantelle's modeling pictures garnered a fan base and she was able to gain almost 200,000 Instagram followers. She was working on her GED having dropped out of school because of her bullies, when she received the fated call from ANTM. The young model cannot help but gush at the turn of events, especially since she really wanted Tyra Banks, "of all the people in the industry," to notice her. She certainly got her wish.
Catch Chantelle on "America's Next Top Model," premiering Aug. 18 on The CW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports