'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Spoilers: Bullied Girl Battling Skin Condition Shares Life Before Competition
By Annie Dee | August 18, 2014 8:53 AM EST
If 20-year old Chantelle Brown-Young listened to what her bullies said, she would not be gracing America with her beautiful poses and whimsical smiles on the upcoming cycle of "America's Next Top Model." Thankfully, Chantelle gave no heed to the bullying. Despite the white patches over her face and body, this did not stop the 20-year old from pursuing a chance at modelling.
Model and talk show host Tyra Banks arrives at the BET Awards '09 in Los Angeles June 28, 2009.
ANTM's Cycle 21 is bolder than ever. Tyra Banks went against all modeling books and rules and allowed Chantelle, a girl with a vitiligo to fight for the prestigious modeling title. And Chantelle, with her spunk and go-get-it attitude, along with her pretty physique and modeling talent just might surprise everyone. Chantelle shared her harrowing experiences of being bullied.
"I was called a cow; I was moo-ed at; I was called Zebra," shared the aspiring model to FOX411.
In an interview with People Magazine, Chantelle constantly reminded herself of her beauty despite being bullied. Certainly not a career for the faint-hearted, Chantelle shared that she took a liking for modeling at the tender age of 16 when a photographer requested her to pose for some pictures.
"She had found me on Facebook and she fell in love with my skin and my energy in pictures so she decided she wanted to do a photo shoot with me," recalled Chantelle. After that, her passion for the challenging career took off.
Proving that she's better than her bullies, Chantelle took her unique look into a career that would bring her to "America's Next Top Model's" 21st season as a contestant.
Chantelle's modeling pictures garnered a fan base and she was able to gain almost 200,000 Instagram followers. She was working on her GED having dropped out of school because of her bullies, when she received the fated call from ANTM. The young model cannot help but gush at the turn of events, especially since she really wanted Tyra Banks, "of all the people in the industry," to notice her. She certainly got her wish.
Catch Chantelle on "America's Next Top Model," premiering Aug. 18 on The CW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date