'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Spoilers: Bullied Girl Battling Skin Condition Shares Life Before Competition
By Annie Dee | August 18, 2014 8:53 AM EST
If 20-year old Chantelle Brown-Young listened to what her bullies said, she would not be gracing America with her beautiful poses and whimsical smiles on the upcoming cycle of "America's Next Top Model." Thankfully, Chantelle gave no heed to the bullying. Despite the white patches over her face and body, this did not stop the 20-year old from pursuing a chance at modelling.
Model and talk show host Tyra Banks arrives at the BET Awards '09 in Los Angeles June 28, 2009.
ANTM's Cycle 21 is bolder than ever. Tyra Banks went against all modeling books and rules and allowed Chantelle, a girl with a vitiligo to fight for the prestigious modeling title. And Chantelle, with her spunk and go-get-it attitude, along with her pretty physique and modeling talent just might surprise everyone. Chantelle shared her harrowing experiences of being bullied.
"I was called a cow; I was moo-ed at; I was called Zebra," shared the aspiring model to FOX411.
In an interview with People Magazine, Chantelle constantly reminded herself of her beauty despite being bullied. Certainly not a career for the faint-hearted, Chantelle shared that she took a liking for modeling at the tender age of 16 when a photographer requested her to pose for some pictures.
"She had found me on Facebook and she fell in love with my skin and my energy in pictures so she decided she wanted to do a photo shoot with me," recalled Chantelle. After that, her passion for the challenging career took off.
Proving that she's better than her bullies, Chantelle took her unique look into a career that would bring her to "America's Next Top Model's" 21st season as a contestant.
Chantelle's modeling pictures garnered a fan base and she was able to gain almost 200,000 Instagram followers. She was working on her GED having dropped out of school because of her bullies, when she received the fated call from ANTM. The young model cannot help but gush at the turn of events, especially since she really wanted Tyra Banks, "of all the people in the industry," to notice her. She certainly got her wish.
Catch Chantelle on "America's Next Top Model," premiering Aug. 18 on The CW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate