'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Spoilers: Bullied Girl Battling Skin Condition Shares Life Before Competition
By Annie Dee | August 18, 2014 8:53 AM EST
If 20-year old Chantelle Brown-Young listened to what her bullies said, she would not be gracing America with her beautiful poses and whimsical smiles on the upcoming cycle of "America's Next Top Model." Thankfully, Chantelle gave no heed to the bullying. Despite the white patches over her face and body, this did not stop the 20-year old from pursuing a chance at modelling.
Model and talk show host Tyra Banks arrives at the BET Awards '09 in Los Angeles June 28, 2009.
ANTM's Cycle 21 is bolder than ever. Tyra Banks went against all modeling books and rules and allowed Chantelle, a girl with a vitiligo to fight for the prestigious modeling title. And Chantelle, with her spunk and go-get-it attitude, along with her pretty physique and modeling talent just might surprise everyone. Chantelle shared her harrowing experiences of being bullied.
"I was called a cow; I was moo-ed at; I was called Zebra," shared the aspiring model to FOX411.
In an interview with People Magazine, Chantelle constantly reminded herself of her beauty despite being bullied. Certainly not a career for the faint-hearted, Chantelle shared that she took a liking for modeling at the tender age of 16 when a photographer requested her to pose for some pictures.
"She had found me on Facebook and she fell in love with my skin and my energy in pictures so she decided she wanted to do a photo shoot with me," recalled Chantelle. After that, her passion for the challenging career took off.
Proving that she's better than her bullies, Chantelle took her unique look into a career that would bring her to "America's Next Top Model's" 21st season as a contestant.
Chantelle's modeling pictures garnered a fan base and she was able to gain almost 200,000 Instagram followers. She was working on her GED having dropped out of school because of her bullies, when she received the fated call from ANTM. The young model cannot help but gush at the turn of events, especially since she really wanted Tyra Banks, "of all the people in the industry," to notice her. She certainly got her wish.
Catch Chantelle on "America's Next Top Model," premiering Aug. 18 on The CW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles