Disney Channel to Air 'Aladdin' in Honour of Late Actor Robin Williams Who Lent Voice For Genie
By nidhi tewari | August 18, 2014 8:46 AM EST
In a bid to honour late actor Robin Williams, Disney channel is planning to air its 1992 animated film "Aladdin," where the actor lent his voice to its character Genie. The animated film will be shown across several Disney Channels Worldwide-owned networks starting Saturday. Additionally, the channel also paid a tribute to the late actor by making a black and white picture of Genie.
Robin Williams gestures during a panel discussion for his upcoming HBO show "Robin Williams: Weapons of Self-Destruction" at the Television Critics Association Cable summer press tour in Pasadena, July 30, 2009.
Robert Iger, the chairman and CEO of Walt Disney, also released a statement about William and called him a "wonderfully gifted man" and a "comic genius." Calling him a "Disney legend," Robert accepted him as a "beloved member" of the Disney family.
"We're deeply saddened by the loss of Robin Williams, a wonderfully gifted man who touched our hearts and never failed to make us laugh," said Igner about Robin, who reportedly committed suicide by hanging himself on August 11.
"An incredible actor and a comedic genius, Robin will always be remembered for bringing some of the world's favorite characters to life, from his zany alien on ABC's Mork & Mindy to the irascible genie in Disney's Aladdin," said the CEO further of the actor who was 63 when he died at his home in Tiburon. Robin's wife Susan Schneider said that her late husband was in the early stages of Parkinson's disease when he died.
"He was a true Disney Legend, a beloved member of our family, and he will be sorely missed. We join Robin's friends and fans everywhere in mourning, and offer our thoughts and condolences to his family during this difficult time," added Igner.
"Aladdin" will be shown on television on Saturday, August 16 on Disney Channel and on Disney XD the next day. The movie will also be aired on Disney Junior will air the film on Sunday and Monday.
For more details of the timings and schedule of "Aladdin" broadcasts, read the following details released by Disney Channel.
Saturday, August 16: 9:00 A.M. and 6:30 P.M. on Disney Channel
Sunday, August 17: 11 A.M. and 7:30 P.M. on Disney XD
Sunday, August 17: 6 P.M. on Disney Junior
Monday, August 18: 11 A.M. on Disney Junior
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight