Disney Channel to Air 'Aladdin' in Honour of Late Actor Robin Williams Who Lent Voice For Genie
By nidhi tewari | August 18, 2014 8:46 AM EST
In a bid to honour late actor Robin Williams, Disney channel is planning to air its 1992 animated film "Aladdin," where the actor lent his voice to its character Genie. The animated film will be shown across several Disney Channels Worldwide-owned networks starting Saturday. Additionally, the channel also paid a tribute to the late actor by making a black and white picture of Genie.
Robin Williams gestures during a panel discussion for his upcoming HBO show "Robin Williams: Weapons of Self-Destruction" at the Television Critics Association Cable summer press tour in Pasadena, July 30, 2009.
Robert Iger, the chairman and CEO of Walt Disney, also released a statement about William and called him a "wonderfully gifted man" and a "comic genius." Calling him a "Disney legend," Robert accepted him as a "beloved member" of the Disney family.
"We're deeply saddened by the loss of Robin Williams, a wonderfully gifted man who touched our hearts and never failed to make us laugh," said Igner about Robin, who reportedly committed suicide by hanging himself on August 11.
"An incredible actor and a comedic genius, Robin will always be remembered for bringing some of the world's favorite characters to life, from his zany alien on ABC's Mork & Mindy to the irascible genie in Disney's Aladdin," said the CEO further of the actor who was 63 when he died at his home in Tiburon. Robin's wife Susan Schneider said that her late husband was in the early stages of Parkinson's disease when he died.
"He was a true Disney Legend, a beloved member of our family, and he will be sorely missed. We join Robin's friends and fans everywhere in mourning, and offer our thoughts and condolences to his family during this difficult time," added Igner.
"Aladdin" will be shown on television on Saturday, August 16 on Disney Channel and on Disney XD the next day. The movie will also be aired on Disney Junior will air the film on Sunday and Monday.
For more details of the timings and schedule of "Aladdin" broadcasts, read the following details released by Disney Channel.
Saturday, August 16: 9:00 A.M. and 6:30 P.M. on Disney Channel
Sunday, August 17: 11 A.M. and 7:30 P.M. on Disney XD
Sunday, August 17: 6 P.M. on Disney Junior
Monday, August 18: 11 A.M. on Disney Junior
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes