It's Miley Cyrus Vs. Scarlett Johansson For The Dolly Parton Biopic
By Pooja Bhagat | August 17, 2014 1:04 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has been constantly featured in the news due to her Bangerz Tour. Her concert has been commended by fans, who continuously raved about their exciting experiences in the event. The Wrecking Ball star, however, is eyeing another way to make the headlines.
Miley Cyrus is keen to play her Godmother
Despite being hailed as the teen queen and idol of an entire generation, Cyrus appears to not be content with her already full hands. She wants to once again try her hand at acting, aiming to be granted the chance to play the role of Dolly Parton in an upcoming biopic for the singer.
A biopic on the life of country singer has been said to be underway. The 'Nine to Five' singer and actress has been a recognized author and philanthropist as well. Parton, 68, is also the head of Dolly Enterprise, which is considered a media empire. In addition, she founded a Hollywood theme park in 1986, which remains an attraction to the public.
According to reports, the 21-year-old Cyrus has become obsessed to landing this role and has been repeatedly sending her audition tapes to Parton. Some believe that Cyrus' most coveted role might ultimately be given to Scarlett Johansson.
Cyrus' belief, however, might actually turn out to be true. The multiple-time Grammy Award winner appears to not favor Cyrus, even if the child star is her goddaughter. In fact, Parton considers Scarlett Johansson best suited to play her part in the movie. Johansson's curvaceous figure, which is complimented with her singing abilities, has pushed Parton to believe that she is the best person for the role.
The country legend said that while she will handle all the singing parts of the film, they still need to find an actress with some musical background to understand the role better. Johansson's background is definitely working to her advantage in this tug of war with Cyrus.
Another basic quality Parton wants in the actress is good assets. "I think they would have to have the right personality." She said. "I think they would have to have some big boobs."
Parton declared her plan of having a biopic in May this year. This project will be followed by a launch of cosmetic products. At present, no official release date and character roster have been announced.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast