It's Miley Cyrus Vs. Scarlett Johansson For The Dolly Parton Biopic
By Pooja Bhagat | August 17, 2014 1:04 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has been constantly featured in the news due to her Bangerz Tour. Her concert has been commended by fans, who continuously raved about their exciting experiences in the event. The Wrecking Ball star, however, is eyeing another way to make the headlines.
Miley Cyrus is keen to play her Godmother
Despite being hailed as the teen queen and idol of an entire generation, Cyrus appears to not be content with her already full hands. She wants to once again try her hand at acting, aiming to be granted the chance to play the role of Dolly Parton in an upcoming biopic for the singer.
A biopic on the life of country singer has been said to be underway. The 'Nine to Five' singer and actress has been a recognized author and philanthropist as well. Parton, 68, is also the head of Dolly Enterprise, which is considered a media empire. In addition, she founded a Hollywood theme park in 1986, which remains an attraction to the public.
According to reports, the 21-year-old Cyrus has become obsessed to landing this role and has been repeatedly sending her audition tapes to Parton. Some believe that Cyrus' most coveted role might ultimately be given to Scarlett Johansson.
Cyrus' belief, however, might actually turn out to be true. The multiple-time Grammy Award winner appears to not favor Cyrus, even if the child star is her goddaughter. In fact, Parton considers Scarlett Johansson best suited to play her part in the movie. Johansson's curvaceous figure, which is complimented with her singing abilities, has pushed Parton to believe that she is the best person for the role.
The country legend said that while she will handle all the singing parts of the film, they still need to find an actress with some musical background to understand the role better. Johansson's background is definitely working to her advantage in this tug of war with Cyrus.
Another basic quality Parton wants in the actress is good assets. "I think they would have to have the right personality." She said. "I think they would have to have some big boobs."
Parton declared her plan of having a biopic in May this year. This project will be followed by a launch of cosmetic products. At present, no official release date and character roster have been announced.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect