Transfer News: Louis Van Gaal Can Purchase Anyone Within 24 Hours
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 17, 2014 12:46 PM EST
Louis van Gaal, the Manchester United boss, can sign any player within 24 hours. Van Gaal has reassured the worried fans that the decisions will be made in the best interests of the club.
New Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal (L) poses for pictures with club director Bobby Charlton during a news conference at the club's Old Trafford Stadium in Manchester, northern England, July 17, 2014.
"We have to wait and see who to buy because you can buy a player in 24 hours, believe me. That is not a problem," Van Gaal said as reported by Express. The United management is indulged in a hot search for defenders and midfielders as many of their senior players left Old Trafford last season.
It has been a worrisome period for the fans at Old Trafford as they feel they do not have the quality players needed to win the title this season. The belief has been further strengthened by Paul Scholes's statement that United cannot win with their current team. He further said that the United management has not done well at the transfer window. Ed Woodward wasn't able to spend generously on the transfers this year.
However, Van Gaal has another view point. He believes that there was a need to assess his players. "I have said several times I want to assess my team," added Van Gaal. "I can only judge them when I am the coach and I see how they perform under my philosophy." He was confident on the eve of his first season as Manchester United coach. He believes he has given his reserves and first team players enough opportunity to prove their mettle. However, he still holds that a transfer is well under way.
After losing battles for Thomas Vermaelen and Arturo Vidal, there was a lot disappointment among United fans. The 3-5-2 system demands very strong centre backs, defending midfielders and wingers to make it work. Daley Blind, Juan Cuadrado, Angel Di Maria and Nigel de Jong are the target men for Van Gaal, two weeks prior to the end of the transfer window.
Will Van Gaal choose the Argentinean stars, Marcos Rogo and Angel Di Maria? Or will he opt for the Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado? Fan will just have to wait and see with fingers crossed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Badly Wants Mayweather vs. Pacquiao At Cowboys Stadium
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]