Transfer News: Louis Van Gaal Can Purchase Anyone Within 24 Hours
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 17, 2014 12:46 PM EST
Louis van Gaal, the Manchester United boss, can sign any player within 24 hours. Van Gaal has reassured the worried fans that the decisions will be made in the best interests of the club.
New Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal (L) poses for pictures with club director Bobby Charlton during a news conference at the club's Old Trafford Stadium in Manchester, northern England, July 17, 2014.
"We have to wait and see who to buy because you can buy a player in 24 hours, believe me. That is not a problem," Van Gaal said as reported by Express. The United management is indulged in a hot search for defenders and midfielders as many of their senior players left Old Trafford last season.
It has been a worrisome period for the fans at Old Trafford as they feel they do not have the quality players needed to win the title this season. The belief has been further strengthened by Paul Scholes's statement that United cannot win with their current team. He further said that the United management has not done well at the transfer window. Ed Woodward wasn't able to spend generously on the transfers this year.
However, Van Gaal has another view point. He believes that there was a need to assess his players. "I have said several times I want to assess my team," added Van Gaal. "I can only judge them when I am the coach and I see how they perform under my philosophy." He was confident on the eve of his first season as Manchester United coach. He believes he has given his reserves and first team players enough opportunity to prove their mettle. However, he still holds that a transfer is well under way.
After losing battles for Thomas Vermaelen and Arturo Vidal, there was a lot disappointment among United fans. The 3-5-2 system demands very strong centre backs, defending midfielders and wingers to make it work. Daley Blind, Juan Cuadrado, Angel Di Maria and Nigel de Jong are the target men for Van Gaal, two weeks prior to the end of the transfer window.
Will Van Gaal choose the Argentinean stars, Marcos Rogo and Angel Di Maria? Or will he opt for the Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado? Fan will just have to wait and see with fingers crossed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles