Transfer News: Louis Van Gaal Can Purchase Anyone Within 24 Hours
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 17, 2014 12:46 PM EST
Louis van Gaal, the Manchester United boss, can sign any player within 24 hours. Van Gaal has reassured the worried fans that the decisions will be made in the best interests of the club.
New Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal (L) poses for pictures with club director Bobby Charlton during a news conference at the club's Old Trafford Stadium in Manchester, northern England, July 17, 2014.
"We have to wait and see who to buy because you can buy a player in 24 hours, believe me. That is not a problem," Van Gaal said as reported by Express. The United management is indulged in a hot search for defenders and midfielders as many of their senior players left Old Trafford last season.
It has been a worrisome period for the fans at Old Trafford as they feel they do not have the quality players needed to win the title this season. The belief has been further strengthened by Paul Scholes's statement that United cannot win with their current team. He further said that the United management has not done well at the transfer window. Ed Woodward wasn't able to spend generously on the transfers this year.
However, Van Gaal has another view point. He believes that there was a need to assess his players. "I have said several times I want to assess my team," added Van Gaal. "I can only judge them when I am the coach and I see how they perform under my philosophy." He was confident on the eve of his first season as Manchester United coach. He believes he has given his reserves and first team players enough opportunity to prove their mettle. However, he still holds that a transfer is well under way.
After losing battles for Thomas Vermaelen and Arturo Vidal, there was a lot disappointment among United fans. The 3-5-2 system demands very strong centre backs, defending midfielders and wingers to make it work. Daley Blind, Juan Cuadrado, Angel Di Maria and Nigel de Jong are the target men for Van Gaal, two weeks prior to the end of the transfer window.
Will Van Gaal choose the Argentinean stars, Marcos Rogo and Angel Di Maria? Or will he opt for the Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado? Fan will just have to wait and see with fingers crossed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop