Nicky Hilton Is Officially Engaged To James Rothschild; Paris Hilton Thrilled Over News
By Pooja Bhagat | August 17, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Paris Hilton is visibly thrilled to share the happy news that her younger sister Nicky Hilton finally got engaged.
She sent her heartfelt congratulations after learning that the engagement of Nicky with James Rothschild has become official.
Nicky Hilton got recently engaged to James Rothschild
"Congratulations @Nicky Hilton on your engagement!" the singer and DJ, 33, wrote on Instagram on Wednesday, Aug. 13. "I'm so happy for you! You will be the most beautiful bride! Such a lovely couple! Love you both so much!"
Apart from working as a business woman, 30-year-old Nicky is also a celebrated fashion designer and heiress to the Hilton Hotels. She met the handsome Rothschild in 2011 during the wedding of model Petra Ecclestone.
Rothschild popped the big question come after practically three years of dating the heiress. The couple recently took a trip to Italy for the weekend, where Rothschild reportedly went down on his knees and proposed to Hilton.
"He took her out on a boat into the middle of Lake Como and he proposed, got down on one knee and everything," US Weekly reported. "It was incredibly romantic and beautiful."
Rothschild belongs to an affluent and famous European family. Banking and finance skills honed through generations of experience are coursing through his blood. He has taken special pains to work things out with Hilton. He reportedly flew all the way to the U.S. to meet Nicky's parents and receive their permission for this alliance.
Nicky Hilton has once been married. At 20, she married her childhood friend Todd Andrew in 2004. The two reportedly got hitched after a wild night in Las Vegas. Evidently, the marriage failed. The two eventually filed for annulment months after their wedding.
In 2007, she launched an adult clothing line in collaboration with big sis Paris. She again stepped into the limelight when both sisters were denied entry in a conference held in Japan due to their involvement in a drug scandal.
At present, Nicky is working on her very own chain of hotels in Miami and Chicago. She is also busy with her first book, which will be a personal style guide. This book will soon hit the stores on September 2.
The marriage plans are still not finalised. However, everyone believes that the event will surely be a star-studded night, which will include all the top celebrities coming together to bless the couple.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon