Nicky Hilton Is Officially Engaged To James Rothschild; Paris Hilton Thrilled Over News
By Pooja Bhagat | August 17, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Paris Hilton is visibly thrilled to share the happy news that her younger sister Nicky Hilton finally got engaged.
She sent her heartfelt congratulations after learning that the engagement of Nicky with James Rothschild has become official.
Nicky Hilton got recently engaged to James Rothschild
"Congratulations @Nicky Hilton on your engagement!" the singer and DJ, 33, wrote on Instagram on Wednesday, Aug. 13. "I'm so happy for you! You will be the most beautiful bride! Such a lovely couple! Love you both so much!"
Apart from working as a business woman, 30-year-old Nicky is also a celebrated fashion designer and heiress to the Hilton Hotels. She met the handsome Rothschild in 2011 during the wedding of model Petra Ecclestone.
Rothschild popped the big question come after practically three years of dating the heiress. The couple recently took a trip to Italy for the weekend, where Rothschild reportedly went down on his knees and proposed to Hilton.
"He took her out on a boat into the middle of Lake Como and he proposed, got down on one knee and everything," US Weekly reported. "It was incredibly romantic and beautiful."
Rothschild belongs to an affluent and famous European family. Banking and finance skills honed through generations of experience are coursing through his blood. He has taken special pains to work things out with Hilton. He reportedly flew all the way to the U.S. to meet Nicky's parents and receive their permission for this alliance.
Nicky Hilton has once been married. At 20, she married her childhood friend Todd Andrew in 2004. The two reportedly got hitched after a wild night in Las Vegas. Evidently, the marriage failed. The two eventually filed for annulment months after their wedding.
In 2007, she launched an adult clothing line in collaboration with big sis Paris. She again stepped into the limelight when both sisters were denied entry in a conference held in Japan due to their involvement in a drug scandal.
At present, Nicky is working on her very own chain of hotels in Miami and Chicago. She is also busy with her first book, which will be a personal style guide. This book will soon hit the stores on September 2.
The marriage plans are still not finalised. However, everyone believes that the event will surely be a star-studded night, which will include all the top celebrities coming together to bless the couple.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy