Transfer News: Is Real Madrid Interested In Buying Peter Cech?
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 16, 2014 11:47 AM EST
Real Madrid is positive to sign Peter Cech from Chelsea this summer. Cech, who has been a prolific performer for Chelsea over the past years, refuses to sit on the bench for his club anymore. While Jose Mourinho has been adamant at playing Thibaut Courtois, Madrid would want to give Iker Casias some cushion via an experienced man at the job.
Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech gestures at the end of their Champions League soccer match against Juventus at the Juventus stadium in Turin November 20, 2012.
Casias' woes have continued in the pre-season tournament, which leads management to believe that the Spanish captain will want to deal with these issues soon. The decorated Spanish goalie is respected and cherished at his homeland. However, his form is fading fast. From the 4-1 drubbing against United in the International Champions Cup, Spain's early exit from the World Cup to repeating the same mistakes in his succeeding performances-this has been Casias' story over the past months.
This move will be a real test for the Madrid management as there is a lot of love and support for the Spanish star. Consequently, there will be a lot of pressure in the decision to substitute him. However, it will be an emotional time for Cech, who has stayed at Chelsea for over 10 years now. He has seen the club win many Champions League titles. Moreover, Cech has played a strong role in these victories.
After almost a decade, he is encountering competition over his post. Thibaut is reportedly banging on the door, wanting to end Cech's stay at Chelsea. According to his colleagues, Thibaut has been committed to end his counterpart's regime, as written by Independent.Ie. Thibaut has not shown any signs of nervousness, instead, he has been known to grab the opportunities from the last season with both hands.
The reported big move of Chelsea is still left to be seen. Fans can still eagerly await if the team would want to engage in a swap with Real Madrid. Chelsea has been rumored to be interested in Madrid's defender, Varrane. Whatever happens between the two great football clubs, emotions will definitely be running high in both ends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date