Transfer News: Is Real Madrid Interested In Buying Peter Cech?
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 16, 2014 11:47 AM EST
Real Madrid is positive to sign Peter Cech from Chelsea this summer. Cech, who has been a prolific performer for Chelsea over the past years, refuses to sit on the bench for his club anymore. While Jose Mourinho has been adamant at playing Thibaut Courtois, Madrid would want to give Iker Casias some cushion via an experienced man at the job.
Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech gestures at the end of their Champions League soccer match against Juventus at the Juventus stadium in Turin November 20, 2012.
Casias' woes have continued in the pre-season tournament, which leads management to believe that the Spanish captain will want to deal with these issues soon. The decorated Spanish goalie is respected and cherished at his homeland. However, his form is fading fast. From the 4-1 drubbing against United in the International Champions Cup, Spain's early exit from the World Cup to repeating the same mistakes in his succeeding performances-this has been Casias' story over the past months.
This move will be a real test for the Madrid management as there is a lot of love and support for the Spanish star. Consequently, there will be a lot of pressure in the decision to substitute him. However, it will be an emotional time for Cech, who has stayed at Chelsea for over 10 years now. He has seen the club win many Champions League titles. Moreover, Cech has played a strong role in these victories.
After almost a decade, he is encountering competition over his post. Thibaut is reportedly banging on the door, wanting to end Cech's stay at Chelsea. According to his colleagues, Thibaut has been committed to end his counterpart's regime, as written by Independent.Ie. Thibaut has not shown any signs of nervousness, instead, he has been known to grab the opportunities from the last season with both hands.
The reported big move of Chelsea is still left to be seen. Fans can still eagerly await if the team would want to engage in a swap with Real Madrid. Chelsea has been rumored to be interested in Madrid's defender, Varrane. Whatever happens between the two great football clubs, emotions will definitely be running high in both ends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS