‘The Young and the Restless’ Star Michael Muhney Reveals The Truth About Harassment Allegations; Find Out If He Will Return To ‘Y&R’
By jaskiran kaur | August 15, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Eight months after, "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) beloved star Michael Muhney has addressed all the rumours surrounding him. For the first time, the actor opened up about his firing from the long-running day time soap opera that caused uproar among the fans. Read on to find out the truth behind the allegations involving Michael Muhney and his "Y&R" co-star Hunter King.
On Dec. 13, TMZ broke the news that left "The Young and the Restless" fans shocked. The report noted that Michael Muhney, who portrays the role of Adam Newman in "Y&R," has been dismissed from the show. The celebrity news publication claimed that "multiple sources" told TMZ that Michael Muhney "allegedly bullied and harassed" the 20-year-old actress Hunter King. The report even stated that the actor had "fondled her breasts on two occasions."
The actor last appeared on Jan. 30, 2014 episode of "The Young and the Restless." Since then it is a mystery that who would replace Michael Muhney in his role of Adam Newman. Speculations and rumours have been running rampant. It was also said that Michael Muhney would returning to reprise his role of Adam Newman.
On Aug. 13, the actor took to Twitter to clear the air and tell the truth to millions of his fans. In a series of Tweets he addressed he did that.
In his first tweet on Twitter, Michael Muhney informed his fans that he was "very close" to make a comeback on "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R). However, the actor confirmed that he chose not to return.
His Tweet on Twitter read:
Just got an official call, although things got very close, I will not be returning to Y&R. That part of my life is over. Moving on...
— Muhney (@michaelmuhney) August 14, 2014
He was then asked by a fan: "So does that mean the rumours were false?" Responding to the fans question, Michael Muhney said that they were nothing but "salacious rumours." His Tweet on Twitter read:
RT @DannieAsphall: So does that mean the rumours were false? #YR YES. IT WAS ONLY A SALACIOUS RUMOR. — Muhney (@michaelmuhney) August 14, 2014
Meanwhile, Celebrity Dirty Laundry reported that Michael Muhney has "moved on" from "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) and is filming a "made-for-TV movie at Remmet Studios." According to the report, the movie is titled "Correcting Christmas" and stars "Days of Our Lives" actress Gloria Loring and "True Blood" actress Kelly Overton. Are you happy with the news? Do you want Michael Muhney to reprise the role of Adam Newman on "The Young and the Restless?"
"The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) airs Monday through Friday at 12:30 pm on CBS.
For more spoilers and updates on "The Young and the Restless," read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone