‘The Young and the Restless’ Star Michael Muhney Reveals The Truth About Harassment Allegations; Find Out If He Will Return To ‘Y&R’
By jaskiran kaur | August 15, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Eight months after, "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) beloved star Michael Muhney has addressed all the rumours surrounding him. For the first time, the actor opened up about his firing from the long-running day time soap opera that caused uproar among the fans. Read on to find out the truth behind the allegations involving Michael Muhney and his "Y&R" co-star Hunter King.
On Dec. 13, TMZ broke the news that left "The Young and the Restless" fans shocked. The report noted that Michael Muhney, who portrays the role of Adam Newman in "Y&R," has been dismissed from the show. The celebrity news publication claimed that "multiple sources" told TMZ that Michael Muhney "allegedly bullied and harassed" the 20-year-old actress Hunter King. The report even stated that the actor had "fondled her breasts on two occasions."
The actor last appeared on Jan. 30, 2014 episode of "The Young and the Restless." Since then it is a mystery that who would replace Michael Muhney in his role of Adam Newman. Speculations and rumours have been running rampant. It was also said that Michael Muhney would returning to reprise his role of Adam Newman.
On Aug. 13, the actor took to Twitter to clear the air and tell the truth to millions of his fans. In a series of Tweets he addressed he did that.
In his first tweet on Twitter, Michael Muhney informed his fans that he was "very close" to make a comeback on "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R). However, the actor confirmed that he chose not to return.
His Tweet on Twitter read:
Just got an official call, although things got very close, I will not be returning to Y&R. That part of my life is over. Moving on...
— Muhney (@michaelmuhney) August 14, 2014
He was then asked by a fan: "So does that mean the rumours were false?" Responding to the fans question, Michael Muhney said that they were nothing but "salacious rumours." His Tweet on Twitter read:
RT @DannieAsphall: So does that mean the rumours were false? #YR YES. IT WAS ONLY A SALACIOUS RUMOR. — Muhney (@michaelmuhney) August 14, 2014
Meanwhile, Celebrity Dirty Laundry reported that Michael Muhney has "moved on" from "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) and is filming a "made-for-TV movie at Remmet Studios." According to the report, the movie is titled "Correcting Christmas" and stars "Days of Our Lives" actress Gloria Loring and "True Blood" actress Kelly Overton. Are you happy with the news? Do you want Michael Muhney to reprise the role of Adam Newman on "The Young and the Restless?"
"The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) airs Monday through Friday at 12:30 pm on CBS.
For more spoilers and updates on "The Young and the Restless," read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28