Upcoming Nokia Lumia 830 On Release Date To Come With 4.5-Inch Display, 20 MP PureView Camera And More
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 15, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Microsoft's upcoming Nokia Lumia 830 is a mid-range smartphone. Even though the company has not announced the handset thus far, we now have information on the release date, images and specifications from a leak originated from Baidu (China).
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella gestures as he speaks at the company's "build" conference in San Francisco in this file photo taken April 2, 2014. Microsoft Corp's new Chief Executive Satya Nadella likes to boast that Bing is growing and powers 30 percent of the Internet search market, making it a worthy competitor to Google Inc.
The Nokia Lumia 830 release date is pegged for Sept. 4 at IFA 2014 in Berlin. The unique selling point of this handset is its PureView camera unit. In addition to the Lumia 830, Microsoft will also unveil the Lumia 730, also known as the selfie phone, in the same event, says Phone Arena.
When it comes to specifications, the Lumia 830 will likely feature a handy 4.5-inch display. The phone will come with a screen resolution of 720p and a pixel density of 326 ppi. As expected, the device will run on Windows Phone 8.1, according to GSM Arena.
The device will be powered by a Snapdragon processor but the specifics are not known at this point. Apart from the standard connectivity options, the device will also support LTE. Furthermore, the phone is housed in a polycarbonate chassis similar to other Lumia handsets.
Apparently, the Lumia 830 will be a mid-range handset to fill the gap between the high-end Lumia 930 and the budget-friendly Lumia 730. Nokia Lumia 830 is touted as the first mid-range Windows Phone 8.1 handset with the company's famous PureView camera.
Going by the leaked images, the camera/lens unit looks similar to the Nokia Lumia 1020's killer 41 MP rear-facing camera unit. However, the display size, screen resolution and the mega pixel count is lowered to bring the phone's price to mid-range ambit.
The handset will come with a 20 MP rear-facing shooter similar to the unit seen in Lumia 930. Even though the specification pertaining to internal storage is not revealed at this point, GSM Arena opines that the phone could come with 16 GB of storage space. Moreover, the device will offer microSD card slot for further expansion. Also it is worth noting that the predecessor Lumia 820 comes with only 8 GB of internal storage and it supports microSD card.
In addition, the leak also shows the Lumia 830 in umpteen vivid and fresh colours. Interested readers should check out the killer images from Phone Arena.
3. Killer Deal: Nokia Lumia 520 Available For $39 In Amazon As Lumia 530's Release Awaited - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports