Upcoming Nokia Lumia 830 On Release Date To Come With 4.5-Inch Display, 20 MP PureView Camera And More
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 15, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Microsoft's upcoming Nokia Lumia 830 is a mid-range smartphone. Even though the company has not announced the handset thus far, we now have information on the release date, images and specifications from a leak originated from Baidu (China).
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella gestures as he speaks at the company's "build" conference in San Francisco in this file photo taken April 2, 2014. Microsoft Corp's new Chief Executive Satya Nadella likes to boast that Bing is growing and powers 30 percent of the Internet search market, making it a worthy competitor to Google Inc.
The Nokia Lumia 830 release date is pegged for Sept. 4 at IFA 2014 in Berlin. The unique selling point of this handset is its PureView camera unit. In addition to the Lumia 830, Microsoft will also unveil the Lumia 730, also known as the selfie phone, in the same event, says Phone Arena.
When it comes to specifications, the Lumia 830 will likely feature a handy 4.5-inch display. The phone will come with a screen resolution of 720p and a pixel density of 326 ppi. As expected, the device will run on Windows Phone 8.1, according to GSM Arena.
The device will be powered by a Snapdragon processor but the specifics are not known at this point. Apart from the standard connectivity options, the device will also support LTE. Furthermore, the phone is housed in a polycarbonate chassis similar to other Lumia handsets.
Apparently, the Lumia 830 will be a mid-range handset to fill the gap between the high-end Lumia 930 and the budget-friendly Lumia 730. Nokia Lumia 830 is touted as the first mid-range Windows Phone 8.1 handset with the company's famous PureView camera.
Going by the leaked images, the camera/lens unit looks similar to the Nokia Lumia 1020's killer 41 MP rear-facing camera unit. However, the display size, screen resolution and the mega pixel count is lowered to bring the phone's price to mid-range ambit.
The handset will come with a 20 MP rear-facing shooter similar to the unit seen in Lumia 930. Even though the specification pertaining to internal storage is not revealed at this point, GSM Arena opines that the phone could come with 16 GB of storage space. Moreover, the device will offer microSD card slot for further expansion. Also it is worth noting that the predecessor Lumia 820 comes with only 8 GB of internal storage and it supports microSD card.
In addition, the leak also shows the Lumia 830 in umpteen vivid and fresh colours. Interested readers should check out the killer images from Phone Arena.
3. Killer Deal: Nokia Lumia 520 Available For $39 In Amazon As Lumia 530's Release Awaited - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James