Enjoy Freedom But Stay Loyal -- and Other Things Robin Williams Movies Taught Us About Love and Life
By Vanessa Doctor | August 15, 2014 4:19 PM EST
The tragic death of Robin Williams on Aug. 12, 2014 was a sad day for comedy and film. He was regarded as one of the most iconic figures in Hollywood, having starred in memorable films and teaching fans everywhere lessons in life that they continue to carry today.
Robin Williams gestures during a panel discussion for his upcoming HBO show "Robin Williams: Weapons of Self-Destruction" at the Television Critics Association Cable summer press tour in Pasadena, California in this file picture taken July 30, 2009. Oscar-winning actor and comedian Williams was found dead on Monday from an apparent suicide at his home in Northern California, Marin County Sheriff's Office said. He was 63.
Here are five things that his movies left behind.
1. Enjoy freedom but stay loyal
His role as Genie in the cartoon animation film "Aladdin" will be among the most memorable to those who grew up watching Disney movies. He showed how important it is to stay bound to someone who treats you right and not to take your freedom for granted.
2. Things will turn out right in the end
Even though how crazy life gets and there seems to be no one there to help, a bearded jungle man might come out of a magical board game to help you out. Williams in "Jumanji" showed that life is an adventure and that no matter how rough times can get, things will always settle in place in the end.
3. Help someone
"You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you, you'll win, no matter what the outcome," Williams said in the film "Patch Adams." He taught viewers that the opportunity is always open to help someone in need and the giver will always reap the intangible benefits.
4. Never give up on someone
In Oscar-winning film "Good Will Hunting," Williams is a psychiatrist who helps out a distressed genius, played by Matt Damon, who almost did not want to make the most out of his talents. Williams showed how patience and kindness can bring out the good in someone.
5. You are never too old
His unforgettable roles in "Jack" and "Hook" always bring a special kind of warmth to people everywhere. These films taught people to make the most out of their lives and to treasure family above all.
Robin Williams has played many other special roles in great films, which is why he will be sorely missed.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MRI Footage Shows What Sex And Other Activities Looks Like From The Inside[Watch Video]
- Joe Manganiello Fitness Secret: Low Carb Paleo Diet and CrossFit Workout
- Demi Lovato Battled Bulimia and Negative Body Image: Turns into Role Model For Many; Her Diet and Fitness Routine
- Beyonce Reveals Snaps Of Naked Baby Bump While She Was Expecting Blue Ivy; How She Lost Her Pregnancy Weight [Watch Video]
- Ebola Response Team Killed In Cold Blood By Angry Guinea Locales
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?