LeBron James, Johnny Manziel Abused by WWE Superstar Roman Reigns [VIDEO]
By James Patrick Quizon | August 15, 2014 2:29 PM EST
Destroying LeBron James, Johnny Manziel and Lance Stephenson in just one match? That’s what World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) star Roman Reigns did in a video skit for the ESPN’s SportsNation.
Jun 15, 2014; San Antonio, TX, USA; A San Antonio Spurs fan holds up a sign of Miami Heat forward LeBron James (not pictured) before game five of the 2014 NBA Finals at AT&T Center.
Reigns appeared in the video with SportsNation’s host Michelle Beadle and the life-size standees of James of the Cleveland Cavaliers, Manziel of the Cleveland Browns and Stephenson of the Charlotte Hornets. All players were wearing jerseys with their previous teams.
Reigns is a former American football player in the National Football League (NFL) making the practice and offseason squads of the Minnesota Vikings and Jacksonville Jaguars in 2007 and the Canadian Football League (CFL) playing for the Edmonton Eskimos in 2008.
Reigns shifted to professional wrestling by 2010 in the Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW), where he won the FCW Tag Team Championship with tag team partner Mike Dalton. He eventually made the bigger WWE in November 2012 and months later won the WWE Tag Team Championship with tag team partner Seth Rollins.
Reigns’ WWE signature move is the “Spear”, which won the "What a Maneuver" of the Year Award in 2013.
(YouTube/WWE / WWF Attitude Era Fan)
Unfortunately, Reigns did not use his signature moves on the NBA and NFL players and their likeness; Reigns settled for a “backbreaker” against Stephenson; a “superman punch” on Manziel; and a “chair shot” on The King.
With previous actual experience in the NFL and CFL—albeit on minor roles—there is no doubt that the 6-foot-3, 265 pounds Roman Reigns can destroy the likes of LeBron James, Lance Stephenson or Johnny Manziel in a real professional wrestling match. Moreover, signature moves by both-- Reigns' "Spear" and The King's "Flop"-- in a WWE pay-per-view event should be one of the highly-anticipated occurrences in the history of professional wrestling.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date