Sony Xperia Z1 14.4.A.0.133 Rolls Out in Europe while Xperia T3 Gets New Firmware Certification
By Ryan Inoyori | August 15, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z1 users in Germany, Spain and the Netherland are now receiving a new update from Vodafone carrying the 14.4.A.0.133 build version via Xperia Update Checker or XperiaFirm. Sony Xperia T3 HSPA+ and LTE variants received new firmware certifications from PTCRB for the build versions 18.1.A.1.21 and 18.2.A.1.18, respectively.
A Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone (L) and a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet are displayed at the company's stand during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 24, 2014. The congress is the wireless industry's largest annual conference and runs February 24-27, 2014. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
Sony Xperia Z1 Vodafone Europe
Vodafone Europe is now rolling out an official Android firmware update for Sony Xperia Z1 users in Germany, Spain and the Netherlands. It carries the build version 14.4.A.0.133 running Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS.
According to PTCRB official firmware list, 14.4.A.0.133 is the same firmware running on the Sony Xperia Z Ultra certified in August 5 2014 and also compatible with Xperia Z1 Compact as well based on reports from XperiaBlog.
Moreover, XperiaBlog claims that the 14.4.A.0.133 update has no noticeable changes from user reports when compared to the previous 14.4.A.0.118 firmware release. Slight changes on the numerical firmware build could simply indicate bug fixes, system improvements and enhancements.
Users of Xperia Z1 must monitor the Xperia Update Checker or XperiaFirm in order to determine global release of the new firmware. Official global software support page for Xperia Z1 remains on 14.4.A.0.108 build version.
Sony Xperia T3 New Firmware Builds
PTCRB posted new certified firmware builds for the Sony Xperia T3 HSPA+ and LTE models. It still runs Android 4.4 KitKat based on the slight incremental changes on the numerical values. The minor update 18.1.A.1.21 will move Xperia T3 LTE model from 18.1.A.1.17 or 18.1.A.1.14 compatible with D5103 and D5106 variants while the HSPA+ D5102 and M50w models will receive 18.2.A.1.18 firmware build version.
Since it is a minor firmware update, users should expect common changes such as bug fixes, enhancements and optimisations. Sony Mobile official software support for Xperia T3 HSPA+ remains on Android 4.4 KitKat 18.2.A.1.14 version which is the device's factory firmware. No official rollout dates have been announced as of this time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery