Sony Xperia Z1 14.4.A.0.133 Rolls Out in Europe while Xperia T3 Gets New Firmware Certification
By Ryan Inoyori | August 15, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z1 users in Germany, Spain and the Netherland are now receiving a new update from Vodafone carrying the 14.4.A.0.133 build version via Xperia Update Checker or XperiaFirm. Sony Xperia T3 HSPA+ and LTE variants received new firmware certifications from PTCRB for the build versions 18.1.A.1.21 and 18.2.A.1.18, respectively.
A Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone (L) and a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet are displayed at the company's stand during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 24, 2014. The congress is the wireless industry's largest annual conference and runs February 24-27, 2014. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
Sony Xperia Z1 Vodafone Europe
Vodafone Europe is now rolling out an official Android firmware update for Sony Xperia Z1 users in Germany, Spain and the Netherlands. It carries the build version 14.4.A.0.133 running Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS.
According to PTCRB official firmware list, 14.4.A.0.133 is the same firmware running on the Sony Xperia Z Ultra certified in August 5 2014 and also compatible with Xperia Z1 Compact as well based on reports from XperiaBlog.
Moreover, XperiaBlog claims that the 14.4.A.0.133 update has no noticeable changes from user reports when compared to the previous 14.4.A.0.118 firmware release. Slight changes on the numerical firmware build could simply indicate bug fixes, system improvements and enhancements.
Users of Xperia Z1 must monitor the Xperia Update Checker or XperiaFirm in order to determine global release of the new firmware. Official global software support page for Xperia Z1 remains on 14.4.A.0.108 build version.
Sony Xperia T3 New Firmware Builds
PTCRB posted new certified firmware builds for the Sony Xperia T3 HSPA+ and LTE models. It still runs Android 4.4 KitKat based on the slight incremental changes on the numerical values. The minor update 18.1.A.1.21 will move Xperia T3 LTE model from 18.1.A.1.17 or 18.1.A.1.14 compatible with D5103 and D5106 variants while the HSPA+ D5102 and M50w models will receive 18.2.A.1.18 firmware build version.
Since it is a minor firmware update, users should expect common changes such as bug fixes, enhancements and optimisations. Sony Mobile official software support for Xperia T3 HSPA+ remains on Android 4.4 KitKat 18.2.A.1.14 version which is the device's factory firmware. No official rollout dates have been announced as of this time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best