Sony Xperia Z1 14.4.A.0.133 Rolls Out in Europe while Xperia T3 Gets New Firmware Certification
By Ryan Inoyori | August 15, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z1 users in Germany, Spain and the Netherland are now receiving a new update from Vodafone carrying the 14.4.A.0.133 build version via Xperia Update Checker or XperiaFirm. Sony Xperia T3 HSPA+ and LTE variants received new firmware certifications from PTCRB for the build versions 18.1.A.1.21 and 18.2.A.1.18, respectively.
A Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone (L) and a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet are displayed at the company's stand during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 24, 2014. The congress is the wireless industry's largest annual conference and runs February 24-27, 2014. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
Sony Xperia Z1 Vodafone Europe
Vodafone Europe is now rolling out an official Android firmware update for Sony Xperia Z1 users in Germany, Spain and the Netherlands. It carries the build version 14.4.A.0.133 running Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS.
According to PTCRB official firmware list, 14.4.A.0.133 is the same firmware running on the Sony Xperia Z Ultra certified in August 5 2014 and also compatible with Xperia Z1 Compact as well based on reports from XperiaBlog.
Moreover, XperiaBlog claims that the 14.4.A.0.133 update has no noticeable changes from user reports when compared to the previous 14.4.A.0.118 firmware release. Slight changes on the numerical firmware build could simply indicate bug fixes, system improvements and enhancements.
Users of Xperia Z1 must monitor the Xperia Update Checker or XperiaFirm in order to determine global release of the new firmware. Official global software support page for Xperia Z1 remains on 14.4.A.0.108 build version.
Sony Xperia T3 New Firmware Builds
PTCRB posted new certified firmware builds for the Sony Xperia T3 HSPA+ and LTE models. It still runs Android 4.4 KitKat based on the slight incremental changes on the numerical values. The minor update 18.1.A.1.21 will move Xperia T3 LTE model from 18.1.A.1.17 or 18.1.A.1.14 compatible with D5103 and D5106 variants while the HSPA+ D5102 and M50w models will receive 18.2.A.1.18 firmware build version.
Since it is a minor firmware update, users should expect common changes such as bug fixes, enhancements and optimisations. Sony Mobile official software support for Xperia T3 HSPA+ remains on Android 4.4 KitKat 18.2.A.1.14 version which is the device's factory firmware. No official rollout dates have been announced as of this time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight