Windows Phone 8.1 Rolls Out to Nokia Lumia 1020 AT&T Users; Official Details Posted by Nokia
By Ryan Inoyori | August 15, 2014 2:20 PM EST
Nokia Lumia 1020 is now officially upgradable to Windows Phone 8.1 or Lumia Cyan update that brings new features such as Start Screen enhancements, new Action Centre, new virtual keyboard, several new apps and improved Windows Store.
Nokia Lumia 1020 Windows Phone 8.1 Out
Network carrier AT&T is now rolling out the official Windows Phone 8.1 update for subscribers using Nokia Lumia 1020 smartphone. According to Slash Gear, the new update from AT&T brings all new features to the device including the counterpart of Siri and Google Now called Cortana.
In addition, Lumia 1020 users will also receive a new version of Skype app which is now focused on mobile usage similar to the support of Hangouts by Google on Android devices. Skype on Lumia 1020 running Windows Phone 8.1 can now support both messaging and video calls.
Action Centre also received several changes and improvements including the pull-down list with quick toggles, more accessible Settings menu and more.
Official Change Log from Nokia
All Nokia Lumia 1020 is eligible to Lumia Cyan update to receive Windows Phone 8.1 but the software's arrival depends on the network carrier and territory. Here are the details posted by Nokia at the official Web site about the new firmware version.
- Software release build 3051.50009.1424.00XX
- Start Screen enhancements: add a third column of Live Tiles and use the favourite photo as a custom tile background.
- Action Centre: swipe down from the top of the screen to see notifications and customise the quick actions to access important settings easily.
- New Treats: set ringtone and media volume separately, swipe down to close apps in the App Switcher and glide fingers on the Word Flow keyboard for faster typing.
- New updates for Nokia Storyteller, Creative Studio and Nokia Camera apps via Windows Store app.
- Enhancements to the Windows Store app that supports automatic updates.
- New Internet Explorer 11 version with reading view mode and several other improvements.
Users who received the notification can start downloading the update wirelessly but Nokia recommends at least 1.5 GB free internal storage space and 50 per cent battery level before installing the new firmware.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy