‘Hobbit’ 3 Release Date: Australia To Wait Longer Than New Zealand and Others
By Sachin Trivedi | August 15, 2014 1:11 PM EST
Australia may have to wait longer than New Zealand, U.S, UK and the other countries for the release of the popular upcoming movie "Hobbit" 3. The movie will be released in 2D and 3D across the world in Dec 2014.
Cast member Cate Blanchett is interviewed at a press line for "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
"Hobbit" 3 is slated to be released on Dec 26, 2014 in Australia. The IMAX Melbourne lists the movie to come in 3D. The movie is expected to be of high quality due to the High Frame Rate. The movie will be featuring 48 Frames Per Second.
Amongst the first countries who will get to watch the movie on Dec 10 include Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, France and Germany. The movie will be released on Dec 11 in New Zealand, Iraq, Brazil, Czech Republic and Lebanon. The movie will be released on Dec 12, 2014 in the U.K, Ireland and Finland. The release date in the U.S, Singapore and Greece is Dec 18, 2014.
The movie was expected to be titled "There and Back Again" but was later changed to "The Battle of Five Armies." Two lucky winners at the recent Comic Con event will be travelling to New Zealand to watch "Hobbit" 3 along with its director Peter Jackson. The winners of the contest are Kris and Morgan.
The story of "Hobbit" 3 is set 60 years before the events of the "Lord of the Rings" movies. Viewers have seen Thorin and his dwarves reclaim their homeland from the dragon Smaug. The dragon was seen unleashing its anger on the people of Lake-town in a recent trailer of the upcoming movie.
Thorin is obsessed with the treasure while Sauron secretly sends legions of Orcs to attack the Lonely Mountain. Perhaps the only one who knows of this attack is the wizard Gandalf the Grey. The Orcs are led by the Pale Orc - Azog the Defiler.
Perhaps the reason why the producers chose to release the movie on Dec 26, 2014 in Australia is because it's Boxing Day holiday on that date. The long weekend will begin on Dec 25, the Christmas Day public holiday.
Hobbit 3: Difference Between Father and Son a Major Focus in the Movie [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Guardians Of The Galaxy' 2-Peter Quill's Father Not Based On Comics [Read]
'Batman vs. Superman' Plot Spoilers - General Zod and Lexcorp [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border