H1Z1 Updates: New Dev Blogs Show Off Details and Development of the Game
By Gel Galang | August 15, 2014 1:07 PM EST
With "DayZ" now revealed to come to the PS4, it seems that the title is looking to compete to Sony's own "H1Z1,' which has not yet seen the light of an Steam Early Access, much less announcements for a PS4 release.
Danilo Napalan plays the new zombie survival game "Dying Light " in the Warner Bros. booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
The developers over at Sony Online Entertainment have rolled out a couple of new developer blogs, most notable of which is the creation of a town in "H1Z1," which features a number of screenshots in the game.
For this update, the commercial center of the town will be added, following previous apartment additions in the residential area and the family neighborhoods.
Female Characters in 'H1Z1'
One of the issues that continue to plague games is the lack of female playable characters, but developers of "H1Z1" is already looking to make sure that this does not become a problem with the game.
In recent talk about the title, Gamezone reports that Mat Broom, art director for the title, has assured fans that the team is also focusing on bringing more female characters, even in time for Steam Early Access.
"Early access is going to be awesome, because we won't just be adding our own items, we'll be carefully listening to the community on feedback for what's important to them. Top priorities are female characters and their own wearables as well. That means kick ass new boots, and more options for head gear and fatigues."
This is good news, if only so that "H1Z1" would become a more diverse. And this isn't only about adding female characters, but also other character races and zombie types. These would even extend to possible fast-moving zombies that would make gameplay different from what has already been showcased in "H1Z1."
SOE Live to Showcase More 'H1Z1'
Instead of a Gamescom appearance, most of the updates over at the official H1Z1 website involve the appearance of the game over at SOE Live. There have already been a number of panels and parties that the developers, including SOE's Adam Clegg and Jummy Whisenhunt, who have both showcased new features from the title.
That does not mean that the weekend is already out of things to do with "H1Z1." For the remaining two days of SOE Live, Simulation in "H1Z1" which is a technical session from the engineers of the game will be discussing some of the features in the game such as heat maps, dynamic weather effects, body simulation and AI.
There's also an Ask Us Anything segment this Saturday for an hour from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. which will allow fans to ask the devs what they want to know about "H1Z1."
Then on Sunday, August 17, a highlight would be the Art and Animation session from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., where the "H1Z1" artists will show fans how the characters and objects are created in the game. The SOE Live is ongoing in Las Vegas.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One News: Windows 10 Hinted For Xbox One; Deals With Gold And Xbox One Counterfeits Detailed
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual