H1Z1 Updates: New Dev Blogs Show Off Details and Development of the Game
By Gel Galang | August 15, 2014 1:07 PM EST
With "DayZ" now revealed to come to the PS4, it seems that the title is looking to compete to Sony's own "H1Z1,' which has not yet seen the light of an Steam Early Access, much less announcements for a PS4 release.
Danilo Napalan plays the new zombie survival game "Dying Light " in the Warner Bros. booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
The developers over at Sony Online Entertainment have rolled out a couple of new developer blogs, most notable of which is the creation of a town in "H1Z1," which features a number of screenshots in the game.
For this update, the commercial center of the town will be added, following previous apartment additions in the residential area and the family neighborhoods.
Female Characters in 'H1Z1'
One of the issues that continue to plague games is the lack of female playable characters, but developers of "H1Z1" is already looking to make sure that this does not become a problem with the game.
In recent talk about the title, Gamezone reports that Mat Broom, art director for the title, has assured fans that the team is also focusing on bringing more female characters, even in time for Steam Early Access.
"Early access is going to be awesome, because we won't just be adding our own items, we'll be carefully listening to the community on feedback for what's important to them. Top priorities are female characters and their own wearables as well. That means kick ass new boots, and more options for head gear and fatigues."
This is good news, if only so that "H1Z1" would become a more diverse. And this isn't only about adding female characters, but also other character races and zombie types. These would even extend to possible fast-moving zombies that would make gameplay different from what has already been showcased in "H1Z1."
SOE Live to Showcase More 'H1Z1'
Instead of a Gamescom appearance, most of the updates over at the official H1Z1 website involve the appearance of the game over at SOE Live. There have already been a number of panels and parties that the developers, including SOE's Adam Clegg and Jummy Whisenhunt, who have both showcased new features from the title.
That does not mean that the weekend is already out of things to do with "H1Z1." For the remaining two days of SOE Live, Simulation in "H1Z1" which is a technical session from the engineers of the game will be discussing some of the features in the game such as heat maps, dynamic weather effects, body simulation and AI.
There's also an Ask Us Anything segment this Saturday for an hour from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. which will allow fans to ask the devs what they want to know about "H1Z1."
Then on Sunday, August 17, a highlight would be the Art and Animation session from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., where the "H1Z1" artists will show fans how the characters and objects are created in the game. The SOE Live is ongoing in Las Vegas.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists