H1Z1 Updates: New Dev Blogs Show Off Details and Development of the Game
By Gel Galang | August 15, 2014 1:07 PM EST
With "DayZ" now revealed to come to the PS4, it seems that the title is looking to compete to Sony's own "H1Z1,' which has not yet seen the light of an Steam Early Access, much less announcements for a PS4 release.
Danilo Napalan plays the new zombie survival game "Dying Light " in the Warner Bros. booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
The developers over at Sony Online Entertainment have rolled out a couple of new developer blogs, most notable of which is the creation of a town in "H1Z1," which features a number of screenshots in the game.
For this update, the commercial center of the town will be added, following previous apartment additions in the residential area and the family neighborhoods.
Female Characters in 'H1Z1'
One of the issues that continue to plague games is the lack of female playable characters, but developers of "H1Z1" is already looking to make sure that this does not become a problem with the game.
In recent talk about the title, Gamezone reports that Mat Broom, art director for the title, has assured fans that the team is also focusing on bringing more female characters, even in time for Steam Early Access.
"Early access is going to be awesome, because we won't just be adding our own items, we'll be carefully listening to the community on feedback for what's important to them. Top priorities are female characters and their own wearables as well. That means kick ass new boots, and more options for head gear and fatigues."
This is good news, if only so that "H1Z1" would become a more diverse. And this isn't only about adding female characters, but also other character races and zombie types. These would even extend to possible fast-moving zombies that would make gameplay different from what has already been showcased in "H1Z1."
SOE Live to Showcase More 'H1Z1'
Instead of a Gamescom appearance, most of the updates over at the official H1Z1 website involve the appearance of the game over at SOE Live. There have already been a number of panels and parties that the developers, including SOE's Adam Clegg and Jummy Whisenhunt, who have both showcased new features from the title.
That does not mean that the weekend is already out of things to do with "H1Z1." For the remaining two days of SOE Live, Simulation in "H1Z1" which is a technical session from the engineers of the game will be discussing some of the features in the game such as heat maps, dynamic weather effects, body simulation and AI.
There's also an Ask Us Anything segment this Saturday for an hour from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. which will allow fans to ask the devs what they want to know about "H1Z1."
Then on Sunday, August 17, a highlight would be the Art and Animation session from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., where the "H1Z1" artists will show fans how the characters and objects are created in the game. The SOE Live is ongoing in Las Vegas.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Release in 2014
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown