'The Flash' Spoilers: The General vs. Plastique, Episode 5 Casts New Character
By Tanya Diente | August 15, 2014 12:55 PM EST
"The Flash" will bring in "The General" and he's tasked to take on one of the villains bound to create havoc in the first season of the show.
Cast member Grant Gustin attends a panel for The CW television series "The Flash" during the Television Critics Association Cable Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California July 18, 2014.
THR reports General Wade Eiling aka "The General" has been added to one of the new characters in the show. Clancy Brown of "Sleepy Hollow" has landed the role and he is set to appear in episode 5 of the CW drama.
Brown will portray the role of the head of a black ops team that is tasked to hunt down Bette Sans Souci aka "Plastique." His character in the show, according to THR, is described as tall and menacing, with a "face carved from years of duty." He also has a fervent fascination with "protecting the American interests around the world."
According to Screenrant, in the comics Eiling became The General after he learned that he has a terminal brain tumor. Not wanting to lose his memory, he transferred his mind into the body of the "Shaggy Man." Then he shaves off all the hairs on his body and starts to call himself as The General.
It's uncertain if "The Flash" will feature this background story upon The General's appearance. However, Screenrant suggests it could be highlighted in the later part of the show since General Wade Eiling will have a recurring role in the series.
The General's presence on the show will mean trouble for the villain Plastique (played by Kelly Frye). According to Screenrant there are two reasons why the villain is being hunted down. Aside from being a terrorist Plastique also has the power to create explosive energy. Eiling may want to apprehend her so to prevent her from creating massive destruction with her powers. On the other hand, he may want to make her his ally. THR adds Eiling is hunting down Plastique so he could use her as a powerful human weapon.
The General is the latest character addition to "The Flash" including "Captain Cold" (Wentworth Miller), "Firestorm" (Robbie Amell) , Plastique and Girder.
"The Flash" premieres on Oct. 7 at its slated 8:00 p.m. time slot on the CW channel.
Source:YouTube/The CW Television Network
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best