How to Root HTC One E8 Running Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using SuperSU
By Ryan Inoyori | August 15, 2014 12:28 PM EST
1. Create a manual backup of all personal settings and data files stored on the HTC One E8.
2. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption.
3. Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone.
4. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for HTC One E8 on the computer.
5. Unlock the bootloader of the device then install TWRP custom recovery.
6. Download the SuperSU version 2.02 rooting kit on the computer.
Warning: We are not responsible for any error which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to avoid damaging the smartphone. Root access will remove any active warranty on HTC One E8. Do this at your own risk.
Gaining Root Access
1. Connect the HTC One E8 smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the SuperSU file downloaded earlier to the microSD card of the device.
3. Turn off the HTC One E8 then disconnect it from the computer.
4. Reboot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the volume up and power keys at the same time. Custom recovery such as TWRP is required to flash the root access successfully.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM by selecting the backup option on the menu. The restore option may be used to revert back the device to the previous ROM.
6. Flash the SuperSU zip file on the HTC One E8. Select "install > search for the SuperSU zip file > flash now."
7. After the installation of SuperSU file, go back to the main menu then select "reboot." The smartphone will restart normally until it reaches the home screen.
8. Check the root access status on the device by downloading the Root Check at the Google Play Store.
For comments and issues, kindly send your feedback to Team Android SuperSU for HTC One E8 Web page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China