How to Root HTC One E8 Running Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using SuperSU
By Ryan Inoyori | August 15, 2014 12:28 PM EST
1. Create a manual backup of all personal settings and data files stored on the HTC One E8.
2. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption.
3. Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone.
4. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for HTC One E8 on the computer.
5. Unlock the bootloader of the device then install TWRP custom recovery.
6. Download the SuperSU version 2.02 rooting kit on the computer.
Warning: We are not responsible for any error which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to avoid damaging the smartphone. Root access will remove any active warranty on HTC One E8. Do this at your own risk.
Gaining Root Access
1. Connect the HTC One E8 smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the SuperSU file downloaded earlier to the microSD card of the device.
3. Turn off the HTC One E8 then disconnect it from the computer.
4. Reboot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the volume up and power keys at the same time. Custom recovery such as TWRP is required to flash the root access successfully.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM by selecting the backup option on the menu. The restore option may be used to revert back the device to the previous ROM.
6. Flash the SuperSU zip file on the HTC One E8. Select "install > search for the SuperSU zip file > flash now."
7. After the installation of SuperSU file, go back to the main menu then select "reboot." The smartphone will restart normally until it reaches the home screen.
8. Check the root access status on the device by downloading the Root Check at the Google Play Store.
For comments and issues, kindly send your feedback to Team Android SuperSU for HTC One E8 Web page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2