How To Update HTC One E8 with TWRP Custom Recovery
By Ryan Inoyori | August 15, 2014 11:49 AM EST
TWRP is possible to be installed on the HTC One E8 smartphone and enable usage of custom recovery settings, default partitions to backup, multiple zip flash, auto restore of Google Apps zip file and auto reboot after successful flash.
1. Create a manual backup of personal settings and data files stored on HTC One E8 smartphone.
2. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruptions.
3. Enable USB debugging mode on HTC One E8.
4. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for HTC One E8 on the computer.
5. Unlock the bootloader of HTC One E8.
7. Download the TWRP image file on the computer.
Warning: We are not responsible for any error which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to avoid damaging the smartphone. Unlocking the bootloader will remove any active warranty. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the HTC One E8 smartphone to the computer using a USB cable and let the USB drivers to be installed. Make sure that the ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK are all set up on the computer.
2. Copy and paste the twrpe8t.img file to the android-sdk-windows/platform-tools directory on the computer.
3. Reboot the device into Bootloader mode. Open the android-sdk-windows/platform-tools folder directory then open a Command Window. Use Shift + right-click then select Open Command Window to do this. Type in "adb reboot bootloader" without the quotation marks on the Command Window.
4. Select the Fastboot Mode once the device reboots into Bootloader Mode.
5. On the Command Window, enter "fastboot flash recovery twrpe8t.img" without the quotation mark.
6. Choose Recovery Mode from the menu after the image file has been flashed. It should open the TWRP Recovery Mode menu.
7. After exploring throughout TWRP custom recovery, go back and select reboot system now to boot the device normally.
For comments and issues, kindly send your feedback to Team Android TWRP for HTC One E8 Web page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]