How To Update HTC One E8 with TWRP Custom Recovery
By Ryan Inoyori | August 15, 2014 11:49 AM EST
TWRP is possible to be installed on the HTC One E8 smartphone and enable usage of custom recovery settings, default partitions to backup, multiple zip flash, auto restore of Google Apps zip file and auto reboot after successful flash.
1. Create a manual backup of personal settings and data files stored on HTC One E8 smartphone.
2. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruptions.
3. Enable USB debugging mode on HTC One E8.
4. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for HTC One E8 on the computer.
5. Unlock the bootloader of HTC One E8.
7. Download the TWRP image file on the computer.
Warning: We are not responsible for any error which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to avoid damaging the smartphone. Unlocking the bootloader will remove any active warranty. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the HTC One E8 smartphone to the computer using a USB cable and let the USB drivers to be installed. Make sure that the ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK are all set up on the computer.
2. Copy and paste the twrpe8t.img file to the android-sdk-windows/platform-tools directory on the computer.
3. Reboot the device into Bootloader mode. Open the android-sdk-windows/platform-tools folder directory then open a Command Window. Use Shift + right-click then select Open Command Window to do this. Type in "adb reboot bootloader" without the quotation marks on the Command Window.
4. Select the Fastboot Mode once the device reboots into Bootloader Mode.
5. On the Command Window, enter "fastboot flash recovery twrpe8t.img" without the quotation mark.
6. Choose Recovery Mode from the menu after the image file has been flashed. It should open the TWRP Recovery Mode menu.
7. After exploring throughout TWRP custom recovery, go back and select reboot system now to boot the device normally.
For comments and issues, kindly send your feedback to Team Android TWRP for HTC One E8 Web page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM