How To Update HTC One E8 with TWRP Custom Recovery
By Ryan Inoyori | August 15, 2014 11:49 AM EST
TWRP is possible to be installed on the HTC One E8 smartphone and enable usage of custom recovery settings, default partitions to backup, multiple zip flash, auto restore of Google Apps zip file and auto reboot after successful flash.
1. Create a manual backup of personal settings and data files stored on HTC One E8 smartphone.
2. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruptions.
3. Enable USB debugging mode on HTC One E8.
4. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for HTC One E8 on the computer.
5. Unlock the bootloader of HTC One E8.
7. Download the TWRP image file on the computer.
Warning: We are not responsible for any error which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to avoid damaging the smartphone. Unlocking the bootloader will remove any active warranty. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the HTC One E8 smartphone to the computer using a USB cable and let the USB drivers to be installed. Make sure that the ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK are all set up on the computer.
2. Copy and paste the twrpe8t.img file to the android-sdk-windows/platform-tools directory on the computer.
3. Reboot the device into Bootloader mode. Open the android-sdk-windows/platform-tools folder directory then open a Command Window. Use Shift + right-click then select Open Command Window to do this. Type in "adb reboot bootloader" without the quotation marks on the Command Window.
4. Select the Fastboot Mode once the device reboots into Bootloader Mode.
5. On the Command Window, enter "fastboot flash recovery twrpe8t.img" without the quotation mark.
6. Choose Recovery Mode from the menu after the image file has been flashed. It should open the TWRP Recovery Mode menu.
7. After exploring throughout TWRP custom recovery, go back and select reboot system now to boot the device normally.
For comments and issues, kindly send your feedback to Team Android TWRP for HTC One E8 Web page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation