OnePlus One vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 15, 2014 11:46 AM EST
The OnePlus One is slightly more expensive than the HTC Desire 816. Here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A model holds up the HTC Desire 816 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 25, 2014. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
Display and Design
The OnePlus One comes with a 5.5-inch LTPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The HTC Desire 816 comes with a 5.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The OnePlus One is the clear winner in this category with 401 ppi pixels display density compared to the 267 ppi pixels display density on the Desire 816.
The OnePlus One measures 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm and weighs 162 grams. The HTC Desire 816 is slightly bigger, wider and thinner. The device measures 156.6 x 78.7 x 7.9 mm and weighs 165 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The OnePlus One is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The HTC Desire 816 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The OnePlus One has 3 GB of RAM and the HTC Desire 816 has 1.5 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the OnePlus One is again a clear winner.
The OnePlus One sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The HTC Desire 816 also sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The OnePlus One comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery, which is clearly better than the HTC Desire 816 and its non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The OnePlus One 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $499.95 and the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $549.95. The HTC Desire 816 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $429.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand