OnePlus One vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 15, 2014 11:46 AM EST
The OnePlus One is slightly more expensive than the HTC Desire 816. Here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A model holds up the HTC Desire 816 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 25, 2014. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
Display and Design
The OnePlus One comes with a 5.5-inch LTPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The HTC Desire 816 comes with a 5.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The OnePlus One is the clear winner in this category with 401 ppi pixels display density compared to the 267 ppi pixels display density on the Desire 816.
The OnePlus One measures 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm and weighs 162 grams. The HTC Desire 816 is slightly bigger, wider and thinner. The device measures 156.6 x 78.7 x 7.9 mm and weighs 165 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The OnePlus One is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The HTC Desire 816 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The OnePlus One has 3 GB of RAM and the HTC Desire 816 has 1.5 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the OnePlus One is again a clear winner.
The OnePlus One sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The HTC Desire 816 also sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The OnePlus One comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery, which is clearly better than the HTC Desire 816 and its non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The OnePlus One 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $499.95 and the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $549.95. The HTC Desire 816 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $429.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Release in 2014
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown