OnePlus One vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 15, 2014 11:46 AM EST
The OnePlus One is slightly more expensive than the HTC Desire 816. Here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A model holds up the HTC Desire 816 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 25, 2014. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
Display and Design
The OnePlus One comes with a 5.5-inch LTPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The HTC Desire 816 comes with a 5.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The OnePlus One is the clear winner in this category with 401 ppi pixels display density compared to the 267 ppi pixels display density on the Desire 816.
The OnePlus One measures 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm and weighs 162 grams. The HTC Desire 816 is slightly bigger, wider and thinner. The device measures 156.6 x 78.7 x 7.9 mm and weighs 165 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The OnePlus One is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The HTC Desire 816 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The OnePlus One has 3 GB of RAM and the HTC Desire 816 has 1.5 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the OnePlus One is again a clear winner.
The OnePlus One sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The HTC Desire 816 also sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The OnePlus One comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery, which is clearly better than the HTC Desire 816 and its non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The OnePlus One 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $499.95 and the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $549.95. The HTC Desire 816 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $429.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Thanksgiving 2014: Five Ways To Take Better Photos With Smartphone Camera
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones