OnePlus One vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 15, 2014 11:46 AM EST
The OnePlus One is slightly more expensive than the HTC Desire 816. Here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A model holds up the HTC Desire 816 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 25, 2014. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
Display and Design
The OnePlus One comes with a 5.5-inch LTPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The HTC Desire 816 comes with a 5.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The OnePlus One is the clear winner in this category with 401 ppi pixels display density compared to the 267 ppi pixels display density on the Desire 816.
The OnePlus One measures 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm and weighs 162 grams. The HTC Desire 816 is slightly bigger, wider and thinner. The device measures 156.6 x 78.7 x 7.9 mm and weighs 165 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The OnePlus One is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The HTC Desire 816 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The OnePlus One has 3 GB of RAM and the HTC Desire 816 has 1.5 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the OnePlus One is again a clear winner.
The OnePlus One sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The HTC Desire 816 also sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The OnePlus One comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery, which is clearly better than the HTC Desire 816 and its non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The OnePlus One 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $499.95 and the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $549.95. The HTC Desire 816 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $429.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James