Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Introduces Main Cast; Pricing and More Details Discussed
By Gel Galang | August 15, 2014 11:45 AM EST
"Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" may not be considering the next-gen console in its range of gameplay possibilities yet, but it certainly seems to be one of the reasons why it's worth sticking with next-gen consoles for a bit longer.
There has been quite a lot of development to the title, and according to Lazy Gamer, developer Gearbox and 2K Games Australia has revealed that the character for the latest installment of the game will be able to tweak a couple of things in combat, making this more than your usual shooter game.
Some of the tweaks that "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" will enable characters include fire rate, reload speed and damage resistance, among others. This also means that you can do a lot with your arsenal of unique laser-powered weapons and cryo-guns.
But most interesting of all would be the unique way to give one killing blow to the enemy. "Butt-stomps," as the developers call it, allow players to jump high making use of the low gravity on the moon, and by sacrificing some of the oxygen in your tank, crash down on the ground and devastate those below with one butt-stomping attack.
Check out some more gameplay video, as well as the different characters of "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" with the Last Hope trailer.
GeForce GTX Promo Brings a Free Copy of the Game
For those who will be playing "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" on the PC, you have a chance to get the game for free, with Nvidia's latest promo.
According to the official GeForce Web site, you only need to buy a GeForce GTX to get the game for free. "Experience the fist-punching visuals of 'Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel' with the space-age power and performance of GeForce GTX!"
In case your PC needs some upgrading, you can choose from the GeForce GTX 770, 780, 780 Ti or the TITAN Black and you can get a copy of the title for free. Check out more details as well as the link to redeem the code for "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel."
Pricing Scheme for 'Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel' Clarified
"Borderlands 2" is potentially one of Gearbox Software's most successful projects, which still gets a bit of support, judging by the latest slew of Headhunter DLC series. But its upcoming project from the same franchise, "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" may not share the same size of the worlds.
Quoting a previous interview, GameSpot reports that Gearbox president Randy Pitchford has pointed out the difference in world sizes, acknowledging that "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" may not have the same complexities as "Borderlands 2."
In the same manner, he also said that, while the price needs to be adjusted accordingly, it may be left up to the publisher 2K Games to set it.
"As far as price goes, I don't think that's set in stone yet. It should be priced correctly so we'll have to see what happens in the market and understand the actual total value proposition that's being offered. But I'm the developer. The guys at 2K will figure that out," said Pitchford as quoted b GameSpot.
"Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" is looking at a fall release on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate