Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Reveals Mega Audino As 2 Battle Competitions Start For X And Y
By Gel Galang | August 15, 2014 11:27 AM EST
After the official Korean website for "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" leaked two more Mega Evolutions, including the Mega Audino, it seems that Nintendo had taken it upon itself to officially out the new Mega Evolution.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
The official trailer, which can be seen below, is tagged with a simple: "Another adorable Pokemon is Mega Evolving in 'Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! Meet Mega Audino!"
Over at the official "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" website, the stats of the Mega Audino have been revealed. The pink-eyed and fluffy-looking white Pokemon is said to emit a soothing pulse from the body so that it will reduce hostile feelings in others.
With the Healer ability, the pulse can easily calm down enemies within range, and anyone and anything that comes into contact with the Mega Audino's second feelers will fall asleep—very deeply.
This Mega Evolved Pokemon will gain the Fairy Type, with the Healer Ability staying with it after Mega Evolving. In addition, the Mega Audino's Defense and Sp. Defense improve so players can use this Pokemon as the perfect supporter for Double Battles.
A few screenshots of the Mega Audino's look, as well as its stance in battle, can be seen in the link above.
'Pokemon X And Y' Battle Competitions Announced
For those awaiting new battles for "Pokemon X and Y," two have been announced as compiled by Serebii, the trusted Pokemon source.
The first is the Diamond Storm competition though it's only coming to Japan. This is a Single Battle competition where players will need to use the Pokemon from the Kalos Pokedex. Restrictions, such as not being able to use Zygarde, Xerneas, Yveltal or Mewtwo as well as a lowered Pokemon level to 50 will be implemented.
Registration will be from Sept. 4 to 12, and the competition will start immediately after until Sept. 15. As a present for participating, players can get 1,000 PokeMiles at the event.
Another Battle Competition is the Pikachu Tournament, which is a Triple Battle Competition where players can only use Pokemon that can evolve in the Kalos Pokedex. Since the name of the competition itself involves Pikachu, players will need it on their team.
The competition will run from Aug. 22 to 24, and the Light Ball will be a present for participating.
(Credit: YouTube/The Official Pokemon Channel)
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft