Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Reveals Mega Audino As 2 Battle Competitions Start For X And Y
By Gel Galang | August 15, 2014 11:27 AM EST
After the official Korean website for "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" leaked two more Mega Evolutions, including the Mega Audino, it seems that Nintendo had taken it upon itself to officially out the new Mega Evolution.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
The official trailer, which can be seen below, is tagged with a simple: "Another adorable Pokemon is Mega Evolving in 'Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! Meet Mega Audino!"
Over at the official "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" website, the stats of the Mega Audino have been revealed. The pink-eyed and fluffy-looking white Pokemon is said to emit a soothing pulse from the body so that it will reduce hostile feelings in others.
With the Healer ability, the pulse can easily calm down enemies within range, and anyone and anything that comes into contact with the Mega Audino's second feelers will fall asleep—very deeply.
This Mega Evolved Pokemon will gain the Fairy Type, with the Healer Ability staying with it after Mega Evolving. In addition, the Mega Audino's Defense and Sp. Defense improve so players can use this Pokemon as the perfect supporter for Double Battles.
A few screenshots of the Mega Audino's look, as well as its stance in battle, can be seen in the link above.
'Pokemon X And Y' Battle Competitions Announced
For those awaiting new battles for "Pokemon X and Y," two have been announced as compiled by Serebii, the trusted Pokemon source.
The first is the Diamond Storm competition though it's only coming to Japan. This is a Single Battle competition where players will need to use the Pokemon from the Kalos Pokedex. Restrictions, such as not being able to use Zygarde, Xerneas, Yveltal or Mewtwo as well as a lowered Pokemon level to 50 will be implemented.
Registration will be from Sept. 4 to 12, and the competition will start immediately after until Sept. 15. As a present for participating, players can get 1,000 PokeMiles at the event.
Another Battle Competition is the Pikachu Tournament, which is a Triple Battle Competition where players can only use Pokemon that can evolve in the Kalos Pokedex. Since the name of the competition itself involves Pikachu, players will need it on their team.
The competition will run from Aug. 22 to 24, and the Light Ball will be a present for participating.
(Credit: YouTube/The Official Pokemon Channel)
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery